Monday, September 9, 2013

#boluineurope: Neuchâtel


Ah, my second stop! Neuchâtel... Another city nestled by a lake (called Lake Neuchâtel... what else?). A town which name means "New Castle", most of the native speakers are French. Good thing for paranoid me, the hotel people spoke English. *wipes sweat off of face*

I have never heard of Neuchâtel, Switzerland until the Pillow mentioned about it. Why? Because that was where he was working at the time. It's very clean and peaceful, I say. I spend pretty much 2.5 days there in total. 

I stayed at 2 different hotels, Hotel Beau Rivage and Hotel Beaulac. Both hotels are right next to the lake. You can explore around town by foot or also by renting bikes. That's one thing I love about Europe is their bike rentals. But I opted to explore by foot (which made me so hot and sweaty but it's okay, let's say I'm burning all the calories from the European food!)

This is the view from my room @ Hotel Beau Rivage.


After walking around town, I decided to get some snacks and just chill lake-side as I waited for The Boyfriend to come back from work. The weather was great, crisp air blowing in and the warm sun made it perfect. People watching at its finest as I chomped down some Digestives.



The next day, we had brunch at the hotel and we both split up. He went to work, I decided to explore more of Neuchâtel. I started again by walking around lakeside and actually roamed around the main Pier. I was debating if I wanted to rent a bike, but to continue my calorie burning, I decided to walk again. FYI, I got the ugly Toms tan :(



After exploring the Pier, I decided to head to their little City Center and walk up to the Neuchâtel Castle. I super dig the old buildings.





Once you're up to the castle, you can see the whole view of the city with the lake. It was awesome. I ended up just sitting there for 2 hours, just enjoying the view, reading and writing down some stuffs. I seriously could just sit there forever.




The lake water was so clear, I seriously just wanted to jump in to the lake! Swans were just swimming along, minding their own business, just being fabulous. I want their life for a moment. 
  

I regret not taking a lot of pictures, but I was just too busy enjoying the view and surroundings. I don't mind going back again for a mini getaway. But shoot, that's expensive. Hehehe.

Til then,
Rima

next city: Lugano!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you simply enjoyed your time. Sometimes trying to pack so much stuff in to do takes away from the actual experience. The Digestives tho. At first, I thought it was like Tums until I saw the photo of the dark chocolate cookies lol. Interesting name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like wandering around aimlessly in a beautiful town, eating chocolate! :) Whatta life. Gorgeous photos girlfran!

    ReplyDelete