Wednesday, November 6, 2013

#boluinasia: Bali

Oh yes, this post is overdue. There were sooo much memories and stories to share, it's overwhelming on how to write posts about them... but then again, I really want to post some pictures. So I'm going to share you my favorite pictures from the trip :)

Hello Bali :)

Bali is known for pretty sunsets so I was glad to be catching a super pretty one at Potato Head Beach Club in Seminyak.
Balinese are mainly Hindu so it's normal to see their offerings in the morning, whether it's in front of their homes, temples, even on their cars. They usually consists of flowers, leaves, cookies placed on a handmade tray made of banana leaves. From what I know, if they are placed on the sidewalk in front of their homes/places, it's disrespectful to step on it.
 Nothing beats great seafood that was freshly caught, grilled/BBQ'd for you, enjoying the sunset, sound of the waves AND having your feet dipped in to the sand. Yes, in Jimbaran, there are rows of seafood vendors for you to pick from, all prepared for you and for you to enjoy the awesome meal at sea side... literally, you are steps away from the water.
This is the Kecak Dance at Uluwatu Temple, where they have monkeys roaming around the premises. They are considered holy animals, so you can't do any harm to them. But they do take food from you :) The dance is a well known dance in Bali, it's sorta like a love story. What's cool about the dance is the soundtracks are done vocally by those guys with the checkered sarongs. It's so cool. To give you an idea, here's a clip from Baraka (which Nicole from Treasure Tromp mentioned about)...
Cool, huh?
Of course one major highlight was the dolphin swim. Well, it wasn't actually swimming, but be in a contained space at sea with dolphin. Who cares, I'm with a dolphin.
And yes, Rob & I had to match at one point (this was actually accidentally matched)
 Tanah Lot Temple, one of the famous temple in Bali, because it's build on a lone cliff rock. No one can go up to the temple unless you are a Holy Balinese Priest, I think. There's a line where you are blessed with the holy water and chanted a prayer by a priest.
 In Ubud, I went to the Monkey Forest to see, what else, monkeys. There are MONKEYS everywhere.
Goa Gajah in Ubud.
 The stair-like rice fields in Tegallalang, Ubud.
Coffee & Tea tasting, along with Kopi Luwak, in Bali Pulina, Ubud.

Seeing these pictures makes me want to go back like right now. I miss traveling bad. I think it's time to plan another international trip, huh? hehe...

btw my giveaway is still going. Feel free to participate :)

xoxo,
Rima

4 comments:

  1. Such amazing pics!!!
    Next time you go, I will happily stow away in your luggage....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh sunsets, dolphins, fresh food and monkeys!?!?!?! I'm so jealous about the whole having fun with dolphins but deep down, I reall am happy that you were able to go on this trip!!! This looks ah-mazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the Baraka clip … and so happy that you went to Bali Pulina!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bali is a huge must see on my travel list (I like you, have been bitten by the travel bug) and hubby and I have made it our mission to see as much of South East Asia as we can while living here in Korea (we are heading to Vietnam for Christmas!) xxx

    ReplyDelete