Monday, November 11, 2013

Happy Birthday, PillowMan

And we're the same age now :) Yes, the Pillow is a little bit younger than me by months and he is my first boyfriend to be younger than me. He may be younger yet he is very mature. 

Gosh I love you.

"You put your arms around me and I'm home" - Christina Perri

We couldn't celebrate on the day of the birthday (I was off but he had to work) so we decided to spend some time in Los Angeles over the weekend. It's nice to spend some quality time together with your other half in another place, out of each other's comfort zone. Being local tourists is a fun way to explore your city, and also a cool way to explore your love between each other. 

We had dinner at Water Grill on Grand St on DTLA. The vibe is chill yet classy. Mainly seafood, the food choices are brilliant (if you love seafood), from oysters to lobsters to fancy fishes. Oh and the wine list is exquisite. Crazy. The service was good and our waitress is so cute with her squeaky voice. 
The Pillow's appetizer. I hurled.
Meanwhile, I chowed down a nice bowl of Clam Chowder. Seriously, this thing was business. So good.
I ordered Fish & Chips and it was yummy, while Rob ordered Halibut.

We also had brunch at Pete's Cafe & Bar on Main St in DTLA. I really love the art deco of this place. Tall ceilings with black & white pictures of Los Angeles hanging on the walls. There is an outdoor patio too if you care to enjoy the street views of DTLA.
I ordered Santa Barbara Smoked Salmon Benedict that was AMAZING. The combo of the smokiness of the salmon with the creamy hollandaise sauce plus the melted egg yolk was phenomenal. PillowMan liked it a lot. 
The Pillow ordered Coconut French Toast. I didn't get to taste some (I was crying inside because I have been bad by eating bread the night before; going GF here...), he said it was delicious. It look delicious to me. Damn.

Then we decided to walk around downtown. Enjoying the nice fall breeze. It's pretty awesome to see the "quiet Sunday" side of Los Angeles. Seeing old buildings always fascinates me, making me think on the history of each building. 
Angel Knoll's/Angel Flights, home of that famous bench from (500) Days of Summer. It looked pretty dead because of the no leaves due to Autumn.
Pershing Square.
I'm glad that we were able to celebrate The Pillow's birthday. We were this close on not celebrating at all because he was supposed to be in Switzerland again for work. At least we celebrated one of us's birthday together this year (we didn't celebrated mine because he was overseas this past April).

Well, my Boo, thanks for being you. For being in my life. For being an amazing person. Happy Birthday.

xoxo,
Rima

3 comments:

  1. Ah you two are too cute! And all that food is making me HUNGRY :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Happy Birthday Pillow! I love how you guys spoil each other with love and food :)

    ReplyDelete