Friday, November 25, 2011

The Beginning.

... like any other "first times," setting up and writing your first post is never an easy task to do. Why? Because I have NO idea what to write about, especially after a hard day at work (and now it's currently 11 PM at night).

I guess I can call this my first baby step for a project that I have been having in mind... for awhile. Thanks to a couple of friends that inspired and kind of pushed me in to doing this, so here it is.

I've been blogging for quite some time now (oh yes, back in the Xanga days), but this blog will be a different one than the current one I have (thenatzie.tumblr.com). This would be a more serious partake in my so-called blogging life.

I will be blogging more about things that I'm passionate about. One of them is my adventures that I do in the kitchen. Back in the past, I really, really, hate being in the kitchen because for me it was one thing: Washing the Dishes. Hated it with passion. But yet Mom always force me to do it anyways. Oh well. But then one day in the year 2009, out of pure boredom and probably with some PMS-ing involved, I wanted to baked some brownies, I believe. Asking some baking questions from my expert Mum, there I was, spilling milk on the floor, having flour all over my face, going crazy in the kitchen.

The result? Amazing.

Ever since then, slowly but surely, I worked my way in to the world of Baking, and until now, that's my escapism. When I am bored and have nothing to do at home, I would open my cookbooks, browse my favorite Tastespotting website, go hustle between the fridge & pantry cupboards, hit the market, and do some magic in the kitchen. Next thing I know, I'm posting pictures of my baked goods on Facebook and making people drool. There's that instant gratification that I get every time someone bites in to my goods and says, "Oh wow, this is good." One of the best comments I got was from a co-worker saying, "Man, you're are like a man's best dream: you cook, you make awesome cupcakes, you're down to earth, AND you like sports." Done! I am sold. I love baking.

Another passion of mine is taking pictures. I have a crazy collection of cameras, up to the point I really want to make a shrine of it. That will be another goal someday. I currently use my Nikon D5000 with a short lens and of course the infamous iPhone 4S (for super quick Facebook uploads). Another goal of mine is to focus more on learning to take better pictures, especially food pictures. That's a goal slowly in process/progress.

So pretty much this blog will be food related with pictures, and also things that inspire me and move me to the core (it better be that seriously good), things that I love (and maybe lust), and once in a while I will gush about the man who I adore & love (or maybe often, too? He doesn't like it when I blog about him... oh you shy man you). Oh also to mention, you will probably see lots of pictures of the other man that has been ruling my life since 2008, Chimichanga aka Chimmy, my crazy Pomeranian.

moonbeam & bunny kisses,

rima

No comments:

Post a Comment