Sunday, November 27, 2011

when a girl wants it, she will have it...

In my case, Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles.

Yes, last night after roaming around Hollywood & Highland, and acting like tourists with the Pillow, that grumble in the stomach couldn't help anymore, so when the Pillow asked, "So, where do you want to eat? Simpang Asia (it's this Indonesian restaurant by Century City) or Roscoe's?" We had a discussion earlier when we were on the way to HWood, and my mind (and belly) was set for Roscoe's.

This was my second time having Roscoe's, being the first time was about 2 years ago. And to tell you the truth, the long wait and despite smelling like fried oil when you exit the place, it was all worth it (I am drooling at right now).

In the words of our very own Obama, "Outstanding Chicken! Outstanding." To my surprised (I just found out right now) that I had ordered the same order Pres. Obama had, the Country Boy, that consist 3 Wings & Waffles. The Pillow ordered the same thing, and I added a side of Mashed Potatoes & Gravy.



Before my first visit to this restaurant, I've heard raves about it, but I was just so confused about the whole concept of mixing fried chicken with waffles AND syrup AND butter. It was just the weirdest combo I've ever heard. My brother at the time even made his own version of it by making his own waffles, store-bought syrup and some KFC. I just stare at him with disgust. 

Until I walked in, smelled the grease, sat down, ordered myself a Country Boy (yes same order like last night), stared at my plate, started mixing the syrup and butter, took a bite of my chicken and forked the waffles in to my mouth. Next thing you know, I had a PARTAY in my mouth. The combination of sweetness of the syrup, softness of the waffles, that buttery butter and the crunch & saltiness of the chicken was orgasmic. Such simple comfort foods, but amazing flavor. Their waffles may look plain, but oh my, they are delicious in the mouth. And there's just that something about the syrup. I don't know if they make their own, but it is so yummy. 

The place may look old, but being me, I love the vintage feeling of it. It was opened in the 70s, so you do get that 70s vibe. Yet, I don't care about it, I care more of the yumminess of the food. Probably next time when I go, I want to try their Mac & Cheese (another guilt food for me) and their Corn Bread. OMG, Corn Bread. 

I went home last night with the Pillow full and happy. Two of the important things in my life, being full and happy... Especially when it happened to be with my love and some awesome comfort food.

If you're in Los Angeles, please DO visit this place. It may be packed during weekend nights, but trust me, it's worth it. C'mon, even Obama made a pit-stop!!

Moonbeams & Bunny Kisses,
Rima

No comments:

Post a Comment