Monday, February 20, 2012

Things I Love Monday, week 6-7

Hey guys!
It's been busy this pass week (well my personal life, really) and for some reason I have been lacking desire to blog. I need that umph again. I know it will come soon. 

Well week 6 was more of hard labor because the Pillow moved to Newport Beach, so we spent both Saturday & Sunday moving his things and finally settling down. I was in pure delight when I decorated the kitchen. It is a very small kitchen, but I think it's very cute. 

bye bye Costa Mesa!


I really love the little cabinet below there. From the outside you can't see it until you go in to the kitchen. I think what's missing is a rug! Totally forgot it!


So after finally settling in the major stuff, I decided to do my first baked at the new apartment. I grabbed what ever I had at my home before I headed down & decided to make chocolate chip cookies! I believed we at like a whole dozen in total. Call it a reward for moving!

This is his backyard! Super jelly!
After doing all those hard work, we settled down and fist-pumped to Rihanna's "We Found Love" while watching the Grammy's. 

Oh, I decided to end my Veganism experiment. Why? One, it's expensive. It's hard for me to immediately cut out flesh, to I had to buy lots of substitution and they are very expensive. I only experimented for 3 weeks, and I probably spent about $300 - $400 on food alone. Crazy, right? Second, I hardly lost any weight! And that was my main purpose! It was hard for me to snack, because usually I just snack on a string cheese or hard boiled egg for protein purposes, but while I was vegan, I carb-ed out like no other! I did actually felt the energy and I liked it, but my wallet and bank account didn't. So for right now, I'll just eat meat moderately and try to eat more fruits. With veggies, I'm kinda picky. I rather eat fruits. Pineapples sounds so good right now.  

As for Valentine's Day, the Pillow actually took the day off (and it fell on my regular day off) and we spent the day around Los Angeles & Pasadena. When he picked me up, he said "I made you a cupcake!" and I was like "huh?" and he brought out a vase of roses tied to this huge cupcake balloon that said "Sweet Valentine". He's so sweet :) Chimmy hates the balloon. He think it's a monster. Our VDay was simple but it was sweet. Thanks for taking the day off, Lugu :)


While this past Saturday, I headed down to Orange County to visit my beloved and we had lunch at Taco Asylum at the Camp. Tacos and Beers? Who can't refuse? These are special tacos, like seriously. They are so interesting yet so mouth watering. I really recommend this place. 

Then we ended the night watching The Vow at Fashion Island's Island Cinema. It's a pretty fancy cinema, where there are more leg room AND leather seats. Yes, leather seats. AND, you order your food at the cafe, and they deliver it to you while you wait for your movie to start. Nifty, eh? Tickets are about $16.50 though! As of the Vow, the movie is good. Story line was good also. But it didn't met my expectation. I probably had too high of hopes of the movie, and I didn't cry at all. If it was a good movie, I would be snottyville. Rob liked it, which made me glad. 

Sunday was fun day! I get to spend a day with my niece, Crystle (she was the one that design my logo!), all around Los Angeles. We did some fun vintage shopping (hello Jet Rags!), walked around Melrose Ave, hit up Beverly Center (I did something random there!) and hit the Grove. As for dinner time, aw yea, the beloved Bottega Louie. Man, it was so crowded. But for sure you have to try their Chocolate Soufflé! It is to die for. Epic explosion in the mouth!
gotta love Jet Rags!
macarons @ bottega louie
AAANNNDDD...

because of that Chocolate Soufflé action that I had, I decided to roam around the internet and found a recipe to make them as a cupcake. And mind you, it is as epic. Topped with whipped cream cheese, I can feel my waistline expanding by the moment. Definitely this was not vegan at all. But it is flour-less. Yes, no flour was involved. Woo. All eggs & sugar & chocolate. 

Chocolate Soufflé Cupcake with a dollop of
Whipped Cream Cheese on top
Anyways, weekdays, my life is always work work work & bills bills bills... so I really thanks God for the weekends (and my Tuesdays). The only time I can have some relaxation, do my hobby, see my beloved Pillow and  eat. Wait, I eat all the time. 

moonbeams & bunny kisses,

Rima

No comments:

Post a Comment