Monday, March 16, 2015

Oh hay!

It's been a while. I know it has. I've been working waaaaayyyy too much to the point I am slightly hating my job. It became more like a routine. I feel like I live in the ER. I wake up, get ready, work, go home, sleep, repeat. 


Seriously. Even the doctor that works a lot in my ER thinks I am working too much. 
Then one day while getting a massage (yes), I had an epiphany to volunteer again. I miss helping people who genuinely appreciate your care and help (if you follow me at work in the ER, you will see how ungrateful most of the people are in there. Too demanding). My time in Honduras was amazing and I want to experience it again. Hence, I decided to do it again but this time with United Planet to Peru. Why not combine my passion of helping people and travel at the same time? I started a GoFundMe, so any amount of help will sure do help.

Also, I am finally following another dream. Travel Nursing. I have been wanting to do this for the past 5 years but always chicken out. The fear creeps up whenever I want to go for it. Then again during that massage (I tend to think when the masseuse works on my back), I thought, "Rima, it's now or never!" I will be moving abroad soon and probably will have my license inactive during the time so I think now it's the time to do it. So, God willing, I am planning to do travel nursing from May - July! I am excited. 

I can't wait to edit and show you pictures from Iceland! Also, I went to another new city for me in Switzerland, Basel. I was lucky enough to check out the Basel Fasnacht (their version of the Carnival) and it was fun. But let me share you this picture of Rob & I in front of Hallsgrimkirkja :)
  
I miss him! I won't see him until April 5th! We will meet up in San Francisco and then will rent a car and plan a road trip down to LA. I can not wait.

:)
Rima



No comments:

Post a Comment