Friday, July 12, 2013

Link-y Fridaaay


view from my room

Oh it's Friday. One day closer to shaving my legs.

Hot Mess Report: Did you know, I only shave my legs on Saturdays? Why? Because the weekends are the only time I see the Pillow. The weekends are the only time that I wear cute and pretty clothes. Mon to Fri my fashionable clothes are oversized Surgical Scrubs. Sassy.

Anyways, I would like to show some love to fellow bloggers by sharing some of my favorite posts of them...


  • Richelle from Richellephant post something that I had in mind lately. When I read item #2 on her post, I completely agree (and felt guilty) with it. We are sooo consumed with our "digital" life that we tend to ignore the actually living, breathing life we have in front of us. I'm not ashamed to state that my very own mother is very consumed with her digital social life that she tends to ignored us whenever we're striking a conversation with her. Her response, "Oh wait, I need to respond to this comment." Sometimes it pisses me off that I just end up walking away. I usually don't regret much but I truly do regret introducing my mother to Facebook. Sometimes I wish Facebook should just die. 
  • Stef from Cupcake Project posted about freezing eggs. Excuse me? BEST THING EVER. I always have left over egg whites or yolks from baking and I always think it's a waste to just throw those unused products away. 
  • Kat of Pugly Pixel posted about Frankie, which is a magazine from Australia, and they have an App. Too freakin' cute. 
  • Casey of True Colors posted pictures of her recent trip to Paris. Of course, I'm utterly jealous.
  • Setarra, my bff from NYC, of Quaintrelle went to Bronx Zoo in her quest to kill NYC before she moves to Virginia, makes me wanna play with animals. Well, girl, let's aim for Swimming with Dolphins, eh?
  • Gwyneth Paltrow of goop (YES, the wife of Chris Martin of Coldplay aka that famous movie star) just recently vacationed to Indonesia (my heritage!!!!!) and dedicated a whole blog post about it. #proud
  • Last but not least, Janna for Perception is Everything posted about signs and symptoms (I just sounded like a nurse now) of again, aka Signs that You are Almost 30. I cried a little because I can relate. I'm 29. Dirty Thirty is next year. Oh My.
If you have any good reads, please share :)

xo,
Rima

1 comment:

  1. I was so glad when last weekend when I was out with friends no one was pulling out there phone to check social media every 5 minutes. I've been trying to cut back on picking up my phone even at home. Gotta get back to enjoying life.

    ReplyDelete