Monday, July 15, 2013

Review: My Delight Cupcakery

Mmm... Cupcakes. This is why I bake. I love Cupcakes. Biting in to sweet little crumbly cakes, with buttercream plastered all over your mouth and face... Worth it. 

When I heard about this little cupcake store, My Delight Cupcakery, from a co-worker, I told myself, I need to try it... That was 2 years ago. Haha... #slacker. So this past Saturday, I finally took the time to try it out... Since I had no breakfast and I was hungry. 

Maybe like most baker (or is it just me?) I judge a bakery based on their Chocolate Chip Cookies or their Red Velvet Cupcakes. So of course I had to get some Red Velvet and 2 other flavors.

They serve 2 sizes, Mini ($1.50/pc) and Regular ($3/pc). Since I'm on a trial mode, I decided to get 6 minis, 2 of each flavor, Red Velvet, Breakfast, and Carrot Cake. 




First I bit into to the Red Velvet. Mmm... It was good. The texture of the cake was moist and soft, while the Madagascar Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting was soft. Not stiff (like store-kind frosting), it's just soft... Melts in your mouth. I was really happy with this. I could've eaten 5 of these minis.


Now for you bacon-enthusiast, this would be your cupcake. Buttermilk cake with hints of small bacon bits, topped with Maple Buttercream and MORE mapley bacon bits. It's like eating a pancake tray from McDonalds... but way better. I was impressed with this one. This was the cupcake that make this bakery won the LA Cupcake Challenge. Yum. I bet your boyfriend/husband will love this one.


I love Carrot Cake. So when I saw Carrot Cake in the mini, I had to grab it. The cake was moist, the frosting for me was a tad bit too sweet. Maybe because I ate 2 cupcakes already. But I didn't care. I chowed it down anyways.

If you're in the Inland Empire area, I recommend this little bakery that's located conveniently right off the I-10 FWY. What's awesome, a Starbucks is right next to it! Hah. Coffee & Cupcakes. Perfect.

ps: they have a food truck. awesome!

My Delight Cupcakery
1520 N Mountain Ave, #B108
Ontario, CA 91762
(909) 988-4151

nom,
Rima

3 comments:

  1. I wish I'd know about this place when I was there. I probably would've tried to walk to it. lol

    That Breakfast cupcake sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh you have a new header!
    blogger friend fail.

    mmm cupcakes! I don't know about the breakfast on. I've had a couple bacony cupcakes in the past and it makes me kinda wanna barf? There's no bacon bits inside the cupcake right? Just sprinkled on top?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cupcakes look amazing! Bacon on evrrrrythang is my thing.

    ReplyDelete