Sunday, July 14, 2013

Such a Tragedy


I'm still saddened by the sudden loss of Cory Monteith of Glee. 

For some, it's like, "Oh another young celebrity died. Oh well."
For some, it's like, "What's the big deal? Every one dies anyways."
For some, it's like, "There are other things to worry about."

For me, it's like losing a friend. I've been watching Glee since it's started and in a way, Cory's character, Finn Hudson, has grown in to me, like a friend. 

You see, I'm an emotional chic. I relate to stuffs that I watch, read and listen. I relate a lot to Finn Hudson on the show. I spent at least 3 years with him, watching his character grow and singing his heart out to some Journey songs. 

So for me, his death is like losing a friend. A good friend. 

And this goes to Lea Michelle too. Not only I love seeing them as Finn & Rachel, but I also adore seeing them as Cory & Lea, in real life. Listening to this LeAnn Rimes song above, I couldn't help but shed a tear. Imagine relating this song with Lea's emotions at this time. Gah. Can't help it.

Also this goes to the whole Glee family. I couldn't imagine how this sad news is shaking their world. 

And this also goes to the injustice that is going on in Florida. I did not follow the Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin story from the beginning, but I know it must be so hard for the Martins to go through this. Only God knows what happen, and only He can judge. I pray for the peace that the Martin needs during this rough time. 

Losing someone you love at such a young age is a tragedy. The closure and healing process will take a long time.

All we can do is pray for those who have lost. Pray for peace, love and strength... and forgiveness.

peace,
Rima

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sad about Cory. Finn was such a likeable character and I can't imagine what its like to carry that weight around and being in the public eye that way. :( Glee will never be the same!

    ReplyDelete