Monday, December 12, 2011

Things I Love Monday, week 49


Meet the Demon in Chimmy! I love this picture of him because a friend of mine said that he looks like Cujo. Haha... gotta love this stinky bomb.

Anyways, it's Monday (already, really?) and I got some stuffs to share about my week (weee!)... Despite the gruesome rain that poured all over Southern Cali today (I don't like it because I was at work today, and that kind of weather is hot-tea-and-favorite-movie-in-bedtype of weather), there are some things I love about this past week. Shall we?

excuse my fat face
Got to spend some fun time in LA with my two friends, Gabriella (of last weeks TiLM) & Ryan. We were suppose to be in the audience of 2 Broke Girls (my new FAV sitcom), but unfortunately it did not happen. So sad. But since we are very cool people, we decided to head to the Grove and enjoy some Christmas decor (and plus the fake snow). Not to forget of us having a splendid lunch at Bottega Louie and taking home some macarons (and I accidentally swapped mine with Gab's). While at the Grove, we headed to the World Market (one of my FAV stores) and I found an apron that I could not resist to buy (one of my instant-binging shopping habit kicked in)...


Uuuhhh YEAH, it's a MUST buy in my book! I finally wore it yesterday when I had to bake for my Sister's order. Felt so proud in it. Haha.

At one point during my work week, one day I had several patients that complimented my service as a Nurse and thanked me gratefully for making their procedures/experiences less stressful and calmer. I was very proud of myself. I do get very bubbly and actually act all "GUUURRRLLL... YOU DID FOIINNNEEE" when I talk to my patients. Haha... Sometimes I need to tone it down... But hey, it works. I see my patients as human beings, meaning, I picture myself in their position. Would I want a Nurse that is stiff as a stick, acting like a Nazi, or a Nurse that is all "haaaaayyy how you doin" and make the whole non-enjoyable experience pleasant, especially if you have no clue on why you're in that procedure room? (I get a lot of those patients... Have no clue on why they are there... "uh, my doctor told me to come.") Those kind of compliments make me go as a Nurse. Woo hoo.

The whole Saturday, I got to spend some time with my beloved Mr. Pillow. Went to a local church and just spent some time bonding and watching TV and grubbing and laughing (yes, our favorite pastime). He was so happy when his team won in the El Classico Match (Viva Barça!) and I was happy watching Bend It Like Beckham. We also spent time enjoying the cold weather at the Irvine Spectrum and he even treated me with a ride on the Giant Wheel!

Barça!

this is one of my favorite faces of him
all things Red Velvet: RV Hot Cocoa from Coffee Bean, RV Milk Choc from World Market,  RV cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory!
Then Sunday. twas a productive baking day! Spend my whole day in the kitchen making my Sister's order. Made her my Velveteen Cupcake (literally, it tastes like velvet in your mouth, drool) & fudgy creamcheese brownies. Woo. She picked them up today while I was at work and I am so glad she's happy with it! Yay. A satisfied customer :)

Despite my tired back after baking, I still decided to make some savory dish because I haven't eaten all day and I was craving for those Halal-Cart type food in NYC when I saw the recipe on Serious Eats. OMG. The rice & chicken was gone within 2 hours (the serving was meant for 6 people, but gone by 3 people).


I will post the recipe soon. Stay tune.

Other than that, I am happy.
Hope you are happy too.

moonbeams and bunny kisses,

Rima

No comments:

Post a Comment