Monday, December 26, 2011

Thing I Love Monday, week 50 & 51 (end of year)


Can you believe that we're approaching the end of 2011? We're living the last Monday of the year? Enjoy it, inhale every minute of it as we walk in to 2012. Woo wee.

So I hope everyone had a great Christmas. I don't celebrate Christmas, but I do celebrate the Season of Giving & Love (which should be every day, but oh well, let's make a whole season of it!). I spent my Xmas day being on call for work (thank God, I didn't get called in for cases!) and having our usual Xmas Lunch @ grandma's house (it's been a tradition). Not only I was grateful for that, I'm grateful for finally having Xmas off after 3 years of being a nurse. Yay.

Typical (indo) Food that my Oma prepares for a feast.
I'm pretty sure everyone has a tradition that they do every Christmas season. In my case, some what in the month of December, I usually manage to watch 2 of my Favorite Christmas-themed movies: Bridget Jones's Diary & Love Actually. I did Love Actually on Christmas Eve (always epic) which I purposely waited til that night to watch (by myself, in bed, with a cup of hot Chai Latte), and this time for Christmas day I manage to watch another Christmas-themed movie, The Holiday. Gotta LOVE LOVE LOVE Jack Black & the handsome Jude Law (also, by myself, in bed, with a cup of hot Chai Latte). Yes I am indeed a sappy little girl.

Anyways, it has been a pretty busy 2 weeks, with a Christmas Cookies Exchange Party (that I helped out for my ER people), followed with a Retirement Dinner Bash (LUPE WE MISS YOU), and several after hours cases at work. Not to forget to mention, my Youth's Secret Gift Exchange that was super fun, and meeting the Pillow's Mum for the first time (nerve wracking on my part) & spending a day with the Pillow's sister at Disneyland (fun, but crazy crowded and tiring!) Those 2 weeks went by so fast, it's crazy. At one point, I was afraid I was gonna get sick but I managed to pull it through!

As for Christmas Gifts, I gifted myself an Xbox 360 with Kinect (hohoho... no reason to NOT workout, eh?) and a KitchenAid hand mixer (that I love). Like my previous entry, my beloved Pillowman gave me a Tiffany & Co bracelet that I proudly wear on my right forearm. Love it.

Anyways... This year has been pretty interesting for me. Got to travel again to my favorite city, New York City, at the end of March & watching Lionel Messi played in New Jersey, followed with my shift from my beloved ER to my new department, Interventional Radiology, where I've met cool & new friends & doctors and gaining new sights to a new type of nursing. Pillow went to the Superbowl & witness his team, Green Bay Packers, winning. Got a promise ring (which at the end I sorta broke. Boo) Did several trips to Vegas this year (with one, in the summer, that I will cherish forever and will keep a secret FOREVERRRR), being part in my sister's wedding (with a mini reunion with my 4 sisters)... well having mini reunions with several of my sisters, biking trips with Pillow, beach dates, sleepovers/cuddle sesh, PF San Diego trip, discovering my new love for Chinese Reflexology (hello Happy Feet of Rowland Heights!), finally got to see Coldplay!!! Went to Catalina for the first time & ziplined too!! Watching GB Packers played SD Chargers, FRONT ROW, in the rain! Major Baking Session. Meeting his Mum for the first time. Disneyland trips... Gosh, I'm pretty sure I missed a lot. I know for sure, this year went by like a flash. Insane.

So I hope you all enjoy this last week of 2011. Embrace it with a big hug and welcome 2012 with a huge grin in your face.

moonbeams & bunny kisses,
Rima

No comments:

Post a Comment