Tuesday, February 25, 2014

12 Things


See that above? I made that *proud*. 5 hours of dedication, sweat, stove heat and a painful foot (I have plantar faciitis), this bitchin French Beef Stew was made (recipe: here)

Making Beef Bourguignon (try saying that 10 times) in my Le Creuset is part of my 12 Things of 2014. Well, half of a goal. Next one will be Coq Au Vin. 

FYI, I used a whole bottle of good Pinot Noir for this stew. My whole house smelled like red red wine. Yum.

Also, baking school is pretty fun. Last week was cake cake cake week and the cake I made was gone in 2 days. A whole cake, I tell you. 




I am enjoying school so much that I'm getting pretty sentimental that it's ending in 1 month :( I made some great friends there and my 2 teachers are super awesome. I am really contemplating on taking the full Advanced Pastry Program, which is a MonWedFri class for 6 months. Oh decisions... decisions... But I think I'm going to do ProBaking 2 next :) So this is still a 1/2 of a goal in 12 Things. Haha.

Wait. 1/2 + 1/2 = 1. Yes. 1 goal completed! *forcing it*


More goals to accomplish! 
Now now, do you have any 2014 goals to do?
Do it! You have all day. All Day.


xoxo,
Rima


4 comments:

  1. Woo! Both dishes look delicious! Let's go into business together. You can make all kinds of sweet treats and teas and I'll make cute stuff in a little cute boutique that all the people will flock to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleaseee come to my apartment and make me some real food! :) I'll pay you in gelato. I can't believe you have the patience to cook for 5 hours, 3 is my max.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only I didn't live so far away... I'd be over for dinner and dessert every damn day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that looks so good, can I have some? I love this dish and the cake looks amazing. I am not sure a 5-hour stew is every going to happen if I have to make it but good for you!

    ReplyDelete