Monday, March 3, 2014

Things I Love Monday

Oh say what? It's March already. One more month til my 30th. Hot damn. 20s no more. Yet my body aches like a 70 year old #truestory #cuesadtrombones

Well it's Monday. Like seriously the year has flown sooo fast. WTF it's March already. I'm still not over it. I still have to scratch of the 2 to a 3 when I'm charting at work because my mind is still on February.

Anyways, this past 2 weeks has been busy and fun. 2 Saturdays ago, we celebrated my Sister's Husband's 30th birthday (known fact: he's my ex-boyfriend in our teens. TeeHee) at my favorite lounge in Los Angeles, The Edison. It was his first time (and my nth time) there and I'm glad he had a great time. Lounging around, watching some burlesques shows, eating some good bar foods, drinking good liquor (ABSINTHE!) and catching up (the last time I saw them was awhile ago)... Good times.

We were being goofy. Not drunk. Trust me. 

Then one of our party people was craving donuts (he has a donut fetish) so we yelp the closest 24 hour donut place and headed to California Donuts in Koreatown. Very random. 

Then the following Sunday, I headed to Laguna Beach for his beach birthday party with his family and friends... and I was super excited to see my little Kuma Bear.



He wasn't too impress with this crotch shot.
Plus, this was my first beach encounter in over a year. Ever since Rob moved a little south and inland from the beach, and of course, traveling the world, I haven't been to Orange County in a looooonngg time. Driving down the 5 fwy made me really happy. 

In the baking world, we made bread for the last class. I was crying tears of joy inside. Me and Bread are like secret lovers. I can not every be 100% gluten free. NEVER. I love bread too much. 
What's better than warm slices of bread smothered in butter? BUTTER! Gimme my cup of tea and I will be a happy girl!

I was so in love with the Challah I made at class, I made a loaf today!
I didn't have sesame seeds so I used Pearl Sugars that I got from Switzerland. They look like sea salts, huh?

Also being the dedicated baker I am, I had to make madeleines this week. Not one type, but 2. I'm that crazy. I love baking too much.


Want the recipe? I'm going to share you the Banana Bread Madeleines on my other blog, Gula & Garam. Go ahead and try :)

Oh one more good news. Lo and behold... Southern California developed some snow over the weekend. And I can hear people in the East Coast laughing out loud at us for saying that this is snow.

Well, I hope this week will be awesome. Let's go March!

xoxo,
Rima

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! I'm totally laughing right now at your "snow". Please send over some of that west coast weather pretty please. And speaking of pretty, I'm loving this red lip color you've been rocking lately! And you and your sister look nothing alike... Except for maybe your noses :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try every single recipe you posted here because your pictures never fail to make me droll :P~~

    ReplyDelete