Monday, August 11, 2014

LDR

So when I saw this someecard the other day last week, I chuckled (well Facetime to be exact). Because this would be my life for the next year or so. 

The Pillow has officially left the country. It was a sad day for me this past Saturday. Or actually started on Friday. I spent time in OC to finalized his packing, emptied out his room, said goodbye to his roommate, Dave and actually sold his car. We went to CarMax (best decision ever. Painless!) and I can tell from his eyes that he was sad to see his first car go (who he named Anna). He got kinda sentimental there, and I could tell that the move is hitting him hard. Last week staring the weekend was like a "farewell" week. We had dinner with my family one night, followed with his cousins, then the rest of the work week, he had dinners/happy hours with his work buddies. But I felt his sadness (he doesn't really show his sadness much) this Friday when we parted with Anna. 

One thing that I will miss for sure is this. Holding hands in the car. It's this little thing that he does when we're on the road. He sometimes randomly kisses it. I just feel the sense of closeness when he does it. 

Another one is this. Being silly and taking weird selfies while he is asleep. He hates when I do this. He hates it more if I share it to the world. Tee hee... but I can't help it. 

So after going to church and saying bye to some of the members, we loaded up the car and head to LAX. My chest felt heavy. I really just wanted him to stay. But I know that wasn't possible. After checking in, we walked towards the gate and said our "see you later". He said, "you're not going to cry right?" By that time, my eyes were getting watery. And he gave me a big hug & a kiss. I just quickly said, "Bye..." and walked away. By that time, tears were rollin'. I didn't even look back. Right when I got in to the car I texted him saying that I want it to be brief because if it wasn't, I would've probably hugged him to the point of not letting go with full on snot face. So I cried a little bit more in the car, drove to McDonald's and had some fried. McD fries heals temporary pain #truestory

Then of course Supermoon decided to show up over the weekend. I love Full Moons so if only I was able to enjoy it with Rob. So instead, as usual, I say a prayer. I prayed for him and I. I prayed that this LDR will be a great thing for our relationship. To strengthen our bond. We're strong, but I desire to be stronger. I prayed that he will be okay there, especially when he barely knows anyone besides some coworkers. I prayed for his health, since I'm not there to take care of him. I prayed for him to still be awesome. I prayed. 

So today is Day 2. I have his old college t-shirt next to me. I do miss him. Thank God for Facetime. We set a Facetime date (9PM here, 6AM there) to do every day. WhatsApp/Voxer & Facetime will be our BFF.

Have you dealt with LDR? Any tips/suggestions? #TheStruggleIsReal

xoxo, Rima

2 comments:

  1. My boyfriend is currently in Kuwait. and we are in month two of our LDR. It has definitely been hard and there have been quite a few tears (mostly on my part!) but I was just saying the other day how I feel lucky that we've gotten this experience. Many times people fall into a relationship and become so comfortable that they never really stop to think about why they are in the relationship, or appreciate the person they are with.

    We text for most of the time we are both awake, Skype on the weekends, and I try to write frequent letters (partially to boost his morale, and partially to keep me connected to him when are schedules are so opposite)

    I wish you both the best in your LDR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Rims, this makes me sad. But also happy because I know this will only strengthen you and Pillow's relationship. You'll get through this time and hopefully it passes quickly! Soon enough you'll be frolicking with him, so just think of him getting a lay of land before you get there so he can show you all the good places to eat and fun places to go. Text me if you feel lonely, we can talk BSB or baking, or anything! :)

    ReplyDelete