Friday, August 1, 2014

Oh the Essentials...

Ok. Let's say shit just happen and you need to grab 5 things! Like right now, right now!!! What would you grab?


Funny how I have a basket of bread in it. 

For sure I would grab:
  • My glasses. I really can not see without my glasses. I hate seeing blurry and it bothers me if I go out wearing contact lenses and not having my glasses in my purse. I know by the end of the day my eyes will get sooo tired, it's so annoying. Glasses is a must for me.
  • A sweater/hoodie. I get cold easily. Sometimes I think 70F is cold and it's a sweater weather. Seriously. I try to have at least one or two sweater/hoodie in my car and usually carry one (or a light cardigan) when I'm out with Rob. 
  • My Birkenstock. The Good Lord above has been nice to me by whispering in my ear about Birkenstock (I'm being weird, really). I suffered from plantar fasciitis for quite some time and it's painfully annoying. I've been trying different shoes and sandals with no luck. Til I decided to get a pair of Birks. Oh dear Lord I was happy. My feet was in feet heaven for being pain free. I wore that sucker up and down Maui and Brazil. And it still looks nice. That thing is solid. I'm glad that it's becoming a new fashion trend (with a lot of companies doing their "mock" version of Birks). People at work teased me by calling me a hippie when I wear it. I swear I was a hippie in my past life.
  • My Samsung S5. This phone is the ish. It works as a phone, messenger, camera, music player, video player, flash light, calendar, alarm... you name it. The perfect all in one.
  • Bread. Y'all know I'm a baker and my favorite thing to bake is bread. If shit happens, I'm gonna grab all the bread that's at home. Seriously. This girl can live off of bread. 
So if you need to send me a care package, let's say, when I get stranded in an island, these would be my essentials (please double on the bread).

Speaking of packages, have you ever had a hard time creating a gift package for that special Man in your life? I do. I have the hardest time getting Rob a gift. I usually give up and just bluntly ask him "what do you want for your birthday?" And annoyingly he would say, "Surprise me!" Fuck.

Then comes ManCrates. It's a website where they have "crates" filled with gifts specifically for men. Hallelujah. Literally, the gifts come in a crate box, complete with a crowbar. How legit is that? I'm actually wanting to get a crate for my bro. 

 
I think the Bro would love it. I probably gonna get one for Rob for his birthday (GO PACK GO!)

Seriously, this is like the best BRO/DUDE gift ever. Even I want one. 

So what are your essentials? 

xoxo, Rima

ps: I was approached by the nice people of ManCrates.com and am not compensated for this. All opinions are solely mine. Actually I am glad that they approached me because now I have a place to go and get gifts for the men in my life!!!!

2 comments: