Monday, November 10, 2014

When in Holland...


Hello from Zurich! 
It is freezing here (for a SoCal standard) and I am enjoying a cup of tea with shortbread cookies (the diet went to hell today). The Pillow is busy working in the room, so I like to get fat (not sharing the cookies, okay?) and enjoy my peace and quiet near the dinning table by the kitchen (food = rima)

Just wanted to say a quick HELLO and share you a picture of Rob & I in a traditional Dutch clothing. This wasn't the final picture (it was taken on an iPhone) but nevertheless, if you are in Holland, I really recommend doing this. It's just so fun. The girl that took this picture actually did the costume in reverse with her boyfriend. It was epic to see her tatted up boyfriend wearing the dutch cap and skirt. We did ours at the first and original studio that has been doing this since the 1920s, called Fotograaf Zwarthoed. The service was quick (there was a group of 10 before us, then the "reverse" couple, and then us and Snap Snap in 20 minutes), the 2 ladies that work there dressed us up and were prompt & on it (looked like they've been doing this for years) and the photos were ready in 15 minutes. They had a lot of samples all over the studio and funny thing is that I recognized A LOT of famous Indonesians. A lot of Political faces that I remember from my childhood days. 

A little FYI: Indonesia was colonized by the Dutch for 300+ years, hence there were a lot of Indonesians around Holland. And Indonesian food (yaaaaasssss).

Anyways, I hope you have a great Veterans Day week. I salut the troops. I salut the families that are able to stand long distant relationships with the troops (I feel your pain).

Ciao Ciao,
Rima

2 comments:

  1. This picture is EVERYTHING!!!! You and Pillow Man are the cutest!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahah thank you. I told him about this weeks ago when I knew that we were going to Amsterdam. So I was glad that he rented a car and we drove out and went to Volendam!

      Delete