Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Food Time: Under 2 Minutes Nutella Chocolate Cake




FIRST THINGS FIRST: SORRY for the poor quality of the pictures. I was too excited to make this, I was like, "I don't care" when I was snip-snapping my iPhone to take the pictures.

Anyhoo... Are you one of those people who are too tired after work, BUT crave for something awesome as a reward without wracking your wallet? (I sound like a bad marketing person). Whatevs, but I was so happy when I stumbled upon this recipe online. The little baker in me wants to make something, but since I'm on-call for work, I can't make a full-on cupcake entry (imagine the disaster, mid-mixing, getting a call from work to come in!). So I browsed around (hello, Google) and found this amazing recipe. Great thing was that the ingredients are common in anyone's own kitchen, no need to get anything special.

Are you excited? I was excited. The awesome part was that the cake came out YUMMY. You can't complain eating a fresh "baked" cake out of a MICROWAVE. Yes, the mighty microwave. Gotta love the power of the micro. 

These are the perfect cake for us women when we're in the PMS time of the month. Craving for chocolate? Let's go. Get your whisk and bowl and mix this baby in 30 seconds, pop it in the microwave, and INDULGE. Trust me, I'm in that moment now and this made me & my nerves happy.

FYI: Serves 1-2. Awww yeaa... Portion control!

Warning: As mention by the source, this recipe calls for 1 egg. Yes, it gets cooked in a microwave, but maybe not long enough to fully cook the egg. The longer you cook the cake, the drier it gets. So make them at your own risk. Make sure you know the source of your eggs to prevent any salmonella exposure. Other than that, try it. 

This beats my PMS habit of eating a spoonful (or two) of Nutella cream. 

Under 2 Minutes Nutella Chocolate Cake
adapted from Bake to the Roots

You will need (and rejoice!):
  • 1 tablespoon Nutella
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 heaping tablespoon flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
  • optional: you may add 1/8tsp of Cinnamon if you want that kick.


1. In a bowl, dump all the ingredients and whisk all the way until the batter is fully mix. Important!


2. Grab a ramekin (I used a medium size one; if you have small ones, grab 2. Please do share!), grease it and pour batter in to it. You can even use any ceramic coffee mug. Cute, huh?

3. Microwave ramekin(s) on 70% power for about 30 seconds. You will see the batter rise like lava (don't freak out!). If you think the batter is not fully cook yet, add 10 seconds more. As a reminder, the more you add seconds, the drier the cake will be. 

4. ENJOY. Dollop them with whipped cream, cream cheese, chocolate syrup, leftover frosting, ice cream (!!!) or anything. In my case, I had tapioca pudding, and I was like, "meh, that will do!"


Once again I'm sorry for the poor picture quality. Other than that, NO REGRETS. Hahaha.

moonbeams & bunny kisses,
Rima

7 comments:

  1. Looks great! Will definitely try to make my own gluten free one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I would think with almond flour would be great :D

      Delete
  2. amazing! i SO need to try this even tho I am terrible at baking!

    Pop over to my blog sometime too: http://www.dottypinkdesigns.blogspot.com


    Love
    Amy
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha no need to be an expert in baking on this deal. microwave power, girl :) Btw super jealous that you have a RABBIT!!!

      bunny kisses (woo), Rima

      Delete
  3. I know EXACTLY what you mean about being so excited to bake, the photos are an afterthought. I will definitely have to be making this sometime soon!!!

    Love,
    Evani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I get super stoked watching them rise! haha...

      Delete
  4. Ohh my this is delicious looking!

    http://vivikstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete