Thursday, May 17, 2012

Review: TJ's Cookie Butter


Look at that thing. 

I'm sure at first you're like, "really? Cookie Butter?" I was with you on that. A friend of mine posted this on facebook and stated that she regrets buying this SINful jar, because it is indeed SINFUL. It's addicting to the point that your love handles will hate you. So when I went to Trader Joe's and saw a stack of these, I couldn't help but purchase a jar of Cookie Butter. Underneath the name is says, "A deliciously unusual spread reminiscent of gingerbread and made with crushed biscuits."

First, they had me at Cookie. Second, Gingerbread. Third, Biscuits. Gawd, A cookie based spread? SOLD. Seriously, if you're a baker, you WILL NOT regret buying this.

Once I got home, I got so giddy, I literally dropped all my groceries, grab this jar and open the lid. I inhaled the scent of it, and my mouth starts to salivate. I grabbed a spoon and scooped a spoonful and I was seriously in cookie heaven. It really tastes like gingerbread, but this one... melts in your mouth. I cut up some gala apples, and started spreading this fine butter all over each apple piece. I seriously sat there in the middle of my kitchen floor, admiring the taste of the butter and the crunch of the apples. Next thing you know, I grabbed 2 slices of wheat bread and a banana, smothered the butter all of the breads and sliced the banana, creating a sandwich for my breakfast. Luckily (or maybe not?) I had a small piece of the banana cuts left, smothered them with the butter and indulged in pure banana-gingerbread heaven. NOMNOMNOM indeed. 

Today at work I couldn't stop talking about this spread. I was THAT excited. I'm gonna bring it and have them taste the awesomeness of this butter. 

If you have a Trader Joe's near by, I really recommend getting a jar, or two or three, of the Cookie Butter. You will not regret!

moonbeams & bunny kisses,




ps: TJ is not endorsing me on this review. I'm reviewing because I WANT YOU TO THE THIS JAR OF MOUTHGASM!

7 comments:

  1. Trader Joes will RUIN me, I will be making a trip this weekend just for this!! Thanks for the suggestion Rima!

    Evani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, you gotta try this. My fav. pairing is with apples. Nomnomnom

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness this sounds like the greatest invention known to man! Now if only I had a Trader Joes near me!! Lo boo! But I will get my hands on this somehow! I must!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, you MUST try this. I've been promoting this butter like crazy at work. My co-workers are addicted to it!!!

      Delete
  3. I found you through your friends comment on scathingly brilliant and the first thing I saw here was cookie butter! But not just any cookie...speculoos!! Oh my you just got another follower :)

    http://louise-amabilis.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU.MUST.TRY.IT!!! I seriously can NOT get enough of this butter! I grew up eating speculoos cookies (growing up in Indonesia) and my grandmother use to make these when I was a kid... So when I saw this, I had to get it and try it and reminisce the good life of eating without any worries hahaha... Thanks for stopping by :)))))

      Delete
    2. Same thing here, I grew up in Belgium so it was a must have for the holiday season but I can eat them anytime! I've never had this before though I'll have to try it soon

      http://louise-amabilis.blogspot.com/

      Delete