Monday, May 21, 2012

Things I Love Monday, week 19 - 20

If you're living in Southern California, you will understand my grief dealing with the PMS-ing weather. You'll get a HOT day following with a COLD night, or a super cold morning then ending with a warm night. Yin Yang. Front Back. Up Down. You get it. Hence why I'm feeling under the weather today. Well for the past 3 days :(

Reflecting back on the past 2 weeks, pretty cool things happened:
  • Cha-Cha Family 17th Birthday. If you haven't read or don't really know about my past, feel free to read about my sisterhood here.
  • Getting Call Backs at work, these 2 past Saturdays. It's ok... Looking back now, not only I saved 4 lives, but I made bank. Hahaha.
  • Finally tried the SoCal known Bruxië. It's really good and worth the wait in line. Yum. Bruxië is a Belgium Waffle joint that pretty much takes waffles in to a whole another level. The waffles was to perfection, the crisps was great and the sweetness was mild. I got the Buttermilk Chicken & Waffles while my Rob stayed with the sweet side of Nutella & Banana. We shared a Mint Chocolate Shake that was superb. Man, waistline expansion. 
  • Walking around Old Town Orange (we went to the Bruxië here). I've never been there before. I really love old downtowns and this one was an addition to my favorite old towns. They have great restaurants around there, also vintage stores. There's this one Vintage store for Men and I adore their vintage camera collection (as you may not know, I have this thing for old cameras. I collect about 15 cameras, old & new, working and non-working. haha)
  • The Avengers. I am proud to say that I contributed of making The Avengers the most-grossing movie Disney's ever made. Worth the 2.5 hours spent on laughing, oohs & aahs, and lusting over the hotness of Iron Man, Captain America & Thor. Iron Man will always have a soft spot in my heart (there's a story to that)
  • Picking up my mother that came home from her 1 month trip in Indonesia. Glad she had fun (I hope  you enjoyed my birthday/mother's day gift to you, MAH). I'm glad she brought some cool stuff for me. She got me this Batik dress (that I wore to church this past Saturday) and some other cool food. Man, she makes me miss Indonesia. Rob & I are planning to go, one day. Haha... well we have other plans to accomplish though *wink*
  • My attempt to make bolu kukus. And I tried again today. This time it did blossomed but still dense. Damn... Will try again!
  • Rob & I forgot our 4 year anniversary! Hahaha... Good thing we both forgot. Well, we're both busy people and I suddenly remembered because my friend, Torrey, told me she's gonna celebrate her 4 year annie with her husband (and we both have the same date). I was like, "O.M.G" And Torrey asked me "What?" Then I told her how I totally forgot that May 18th (this past Friday) was our anniversary. I texted Rob right away (we were both at work) and he said he also forgot hahaha... So he asked me if I wanted dinner, and of course I said Yes (Rima never refuses food). He actually drove all the way from Irvine to come to my area and picked me up & take me out for dinner. We eventually ended up in the same complex where it all happened (the original restaurant closed down and is now a new place... but I wasn't feelin' for Mexican Food at the time) and opted for some Japanese Teppan. It was a nice dinner and we both had a great time. Thanks for the 4 years together, love. I can't wait to spend more years ahead with you *kisses*
  • Bonding time, over Durian, with my beloved pregnant Sister, Icha. She was craving Durian, so we satisfied that craving this past Saturday. With the momentarily interruption of my call back, we manage to catch up over durian (which her husband HATES) and talked all the way til 1130pm. Just like old times. She's the only sister that LOVES durian as much as I do. Hence she's my Soul Sister.
  • Thanks to Pugly Pixel, she got me infatuated all over again with Korean Stationaries. I just purchased a diary/planner/journal, JUST BECAUSE. I have a tendency to not finish a journal/notebook because of the cuteness of other books that I see and buy. Damn. But I can't help it. It's damn cute. I also bought like 6 washi tapes. I am bad.
  • I felt crafty for a moment so I made cupcake toppers for an upcoming cupcake order. My friend, Gaby, is graduating, so the toppers were like grad-theme. Not too hard. Just my back hurts :(
So with all the graduation that's happening (soon), I would like to congrats the class of 2012. 10 years ago I graduated High School. That went by super quick. Wow.

Now some pictorials.


yes, chimmy has chinky eyes
Gaby's cupcake toppers! FIST PUMP!

I hope everyone will have a great week. Enjoy the week :)

moonbeams & bunny kisses,

2 comments:

  1. Aw I never realized you did the exact same segment on Mondays (Oops amateur blogger mistake?). Reading through your list is almost eerie how similar we are. Haha I really can't believe your man is named Rob too. Congrats on your 4 year milestone! I hope you feel better soon!!

    Evani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha... yea, my man's name is Robert too hahaha (such a common name!). Thanks for the wishes :) Hope your grandma's doing well!! Praying for her! I do hope I feel better soon! My foamfest is this weekend!! I can't get sick >:[

      Rima

      Delete