Thursday, May 24, 2012

Review: Biscoff Spread


Alright, remember when I reviewed about the awesomeness of Trader Joe's Cookie Butter? Well, it has found it's partner in crime: Lotus's Biscoff Spread. For those who don't know, Biscoff is this biscuit/cookie that they give out for free in Airplanes (so far, I've flown domestic, and noticed they give out this cookies). They're crunchy, as far as I remember has that brown sugar & cinnamon flavor. It's really great to dunk in your coffee/tea. Seriously. Yum.

So on Tuesday when I went to one of my favorite stores of all time, Cost Plus World Market, and browsing around the food aisle (I get really, REALLY, excited just being in that section), I saw this little jar hanging out. I got excited. Really excited. I immediately grasp the jar and held it in my hand for a long time. There were 2 types, crunchy and smooth (just like your Peanut Butter), but I opted for Crunchy because I was curious about the texture.

Mind you, it was mind-blowing (in my world). Unlike peanut, the crunch was CRUSHED BISCUITS. YUMYUMYUM. This thing was delish on ANYTHING. I even munched it with saltine crackers. Salty and Sweet? I can deal with that. 

The taste is VERY similar to Cookie Butter, since both is Speculoos based. I guess, if you have a hard time locating the Biscoff, Cookie Butter would be a GREAT alternative. Either or, both are soooo good. 

One cool fact: 100% Vegan. No animal products are in this jar of awesomeness. All of the ingredients is plant oil base. So, for me, no guilt here! No animals were harm in enjoying this superb spread :)

FYI: Biscoff Spread is Made in Belgium. Gotta love European greatness.

You know what would top my world? 2 slices of (wheat) bread, spread with either of these butter and NUTELLA with a layer of Bananas. I'm in Delish Heaven. 

Bro & Sis 4eva.
If you have tried any of these, please do share!! OR, if you have tried ANY other cool butter/spreads, OMG, help a sister out! I gotz to try!!!

moonbeams & bunny kisses,

4 comments:

  1. Haha, I love you can tell in the picture how the cookie butter jar is pretty much empty!

    http://louise-amabilis.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I left the Cookie Butter at work, and I was off for 1 day to return to work with an empty jar of Cookie Butter. My Co-Workers KILLED it!!! Dumb me, I left the Biscoff at work today too :(( I hope there are some left tmrw hahahaha...

      Delete
  2. I love that we have so much in common, I found so many good things in Cost Plus Today!! And the nutella suggestion sold me, I'm in. Gotta try this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Cost Plus is my ultimate favorite store. Too bad they closed the closest one to me a while ago :( so hence when I go to one, I splurge like no other. And YES, NUTELLA & COOKIE BUTTER/Biscoff is a WINNER.

      Delete