Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Birthday to CCF

Dinda, Nia, Rima, JeJe, Icha, & Ocha
If you knew me since the ice age, you would know that I have 5 non-blood related sisters. 5 of us were BFFs since Elementary school, with 1 joining our sisterhood in Jr. High. I've known these girls in & out... We went through ups and downs, ins and outs, front & back, you get the gist.

We were all together til Jr High. The picture above was probably the only picture of all 6 of us together for the last time before we went our separate ways for High School. 2 moved to the US, 2 went to public schools and 2 continued in the same school as our Jr. High. We haven't have the opportunity yet to have all 6 of us in the same room!

Then college years, 2 remained in Jakarta, 1 went to the Philippines, the other 2 remained in the US, with 1 following their steps to achieve the American Dream.

Amazingly with the power of the internet, we were able to stay in touch through emails. We created a forum to keep track on our daily lives, share our hopes, dreams and fear, asking for advices on men & family drama, resolved conflict amongst each other... that forum was our lifeline. Then came along facebook. We were able to do more life sharing, amazingly able to update each others through photos.

Fast forward, it's been 17 years that we stick together like glue. We are all in the same land, USA, though separated by states (3 in California, 1 in Arizona, 1 in Washington State, and 1 in Colorado). We blossomed from innocent girls in Elementary school, became the popular clique in Jr. High, separated and befriended other people/cliques in High School, achieved our career goals in College, and look, we're already in Adulthood.

I'm so proud of my sisters. I thank God each year we celebrate the birthday of our sisterhood, Cha-Cha Family. I thank Him for introducing me to 5 amazing women that meant the world to me. Even though we're now busy with our own life (3 of us have our own family now), we still have each other's back.

I would like to thank each one of them.


Jeje... The Big Sister. One of the wisest person that I've known. She's the one I go to for advice. And she is now my only sister in SoCal since Icha got married and left to Central Cali. She's nurturing and caring and if one day I get sick, I hope she's there to be my advocate. Haha, one nurse to another.






Nia! She was my first friend when I moved to Jakarta, Indonesia, because she was the only one that spoke English! She's super cheerful, very curious and I know for sure a great mum to her uber cute baby, Cameron. Even though she's in Arizona, she comes to visit from time to time. But for sure we need to see baby Cam soon.







Icha! She's my BFF. We go through thick and thin. She's been my soul sister since back in the days. She was the one that took me home to my new house when I moved to Tanjung Barat (and she was the new kid in school) after waiting for my ride home, to find out that no one was there, because they were still moving stuff from Cinere. Lots of miscommunications between me and my parents (there were no cellphones back then) yet she waited with me and with her loving family, took me under their wings until my parents picked me up. Our love for her & her family started from there. Our parents and brothers became BFFs. We had TONS of sleep overs, gossiping, crying, laughing, you name it. She's my rock. And now she's pregnant with her first child, and I can NOT wait to meet my nephew. I'm gonna spoiled that little brat like no other. Baby A, MiMa can't wait to meet you!

Dinda... She entered our life in Junior High. She was my chair mate for 3 years. She was cool and so smart, we gladly accepted her easily to the family. Quirky in her own way, I love her for her straightforwardness and honest opinion. She has the brain and a strong faith in God that I really admire. Pursuing her masters, I give props to this sister of mine.

Ocha... The youngest yet the bravest. This girl is the survivor of us all. She's been through a lot of things yet she always has a smile to her face. I'm so happy that she finally made it to the US, making it complete of all of us in one soil. Very independent and hard worker, I can not but help to admire this little one. Loves to eat but never gains a pound, I envy her weight. Hahahaha... I hope she gets the purchase the home of her dreams and establish the goals she wants to achieve.











I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy. Phil 1:3-4

Happy 17th year to us.

We still have yet to reunite. I hope soon. With husbands/partners/boyfriends/babies and all.

moonbeams & bunny kisses,




PS: Do any of you have a close friend, or two, or a sisterhood that you've been friends since like, forever? Please do share. I want to know. Yes, Ya-Ya Sisterhood or Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants do exist :)

2 comments:

  1. Amen to that! The six of you are so lucky that God continues to bless your friendships with each other. True friend is irreplaceable, even in the absence of their daily present. In your case, you got true friends within the same country. May God continue to nurture your friendships. PTL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anon. Yes, I do feel very blessed to have these amazing women as my sisters.

      Delete