Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Food Time: Vietnamese Iced Coffee

drink me!!
This is one of my weakness: Ice Cold Coffee. Some of my friends think coffee with ice is weird (ok you hardcore coffee drinkers!), but I LOVE me some chilly coffee. Every time I go to a Pho restaurant, I have to refrain myself from getting this delish beverage. Why? Because the coffee taste is strong and it's all full of SUGAR. But, hey... I love sugar. Haha. Making this fine thing is sooo easy, I can drink these instead of water at home (oh uh, not good).

All you need is:
  • A Coffee Filter (in my case, I use a French Press by Bodum)
  • 2/3 Cup of Boiling Water (if you don't want your coffee to be too strong, you can make it 1 cup of water)
  • A Glass of Ice
  • 2 tbsp of sweetened condensed milk
  • 2 tbsp of dark-roast ground coffee (preferred those Vietnamese Coffee, such as Trung Nguyen or Cafe Du Monde Coffee --> the Yellow Can!)
First, you steep the coffee in the boiling water in a heatproof container (in my case, the French Press) and let it sit for 4 minutes. Pour coffee through filter (or press your French Press. Yay) in to a heatproof glass. Then stir in Condensed Milk until blended. Don't drink it like this. Why? It's HELLA sweet. Then, add your Ice and ENJOY. 

I decided to pour it in to a glass jar and sip it through a neon straw. I don't have those cute stripey straws (yet). 


i believe this is the knock-off of Cafe Du Monde, but it did its justice
I drank it in less than 3 minutes. It was that good. I think anything with condensed milk deserves a standing ovation.

moonbeams & bunny kisses,

2 comments: