Monday, January 6, 2014

I can't... I just can't...

... get over the fact that I had to work right after I got back from a Vacation. Dumb me planned it wrong. Being Ms. Rima, I always take 1 or 2 days post-vacation for my Post-Vacation Recovery. It's a must you know. Muy importante. You need that extra day(s) to: unpack, rekindle your lost days with your dog, fight the blues of your awesome vacation, and settle in back to reality.

Am I being overly dramatic? Maybe. That's what the The Traveling PillowMan thinks so. Now he's the pro on going on international trips and going back to work right away despite jetlag. Me? I can't. Just can't. Too much.

Especially when I spent my vacation doing these things...

 Enjoying the beautiful beach in Cancun
Visiting Chichen Itza 
 & to visit one of the Cenotes...
...and jump in to it 
Riding an ATV in the jungle, holding on to my dear life...
...and then zipline thru the jungle
...while The PillowMan tries to pull a Spiderman
Visit Playa del Carmen 
...and wearing ponchos while visiting Tulum's ruins in the rain
Waking up seaside in our Villa in Akumal Beach
Eating legit Mexican Street Tacos with a liter of Coke 
 Visiting one of the most amazing sinkholes/cenotes I've ever ever seen at Dos Ojos...
 ...with my orange hair (I don't know why my camera makes my hair orange)

So you don't blame me right when I came home, drained as heck from a super duper busy day in the ER? Because all I wanted to do is to jump right in to that blue water and float, instead of listening to nonsense complaints of toothache for 1 year & yelling for pain medication and taking needed places for real sick patients who required immediate attention? Almost 75% of health complaints that I've heard today are NOT AN EMERGENCIES. If only you take care of yourself, you wouldn't v be in the ER in the first place. Geesh.

End Rant.

xoxo,
Rima




4 comments:

  1. I don't think you're being dramatic at all!
    I used to have this terrible habit of trying to spend as much time at my destination and would fly back on the latest flight on Sunday.
    Negative. Now, I need at least half of the day on Saturday and Sunday to be prepared for Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I showed Rob pictures of your trip and FINALLY convinced him to go to Mexico (previously, he was worried he would never be able to get back over the border, despite the fact he has a passport, was BORN here and doesn't speak a lick of spanish). He loved the bright blue ocean so thanks for sharing pics! And totally not dramatic at all, sometimes I consider taking the Tuesday after a 3 day weekend off, just to give myself that extra time. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I am so envious of your vacation right now! Do you mind sharing where you booked everything? :)
    I've done that work from vacation thing both times I went home to the Philippines and it took a toll on the time I spent being awake at home. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks ah-mazing! Why oh why does it have to be so cold over here :( Hope you're getting over the jetlag ok.

    Did you recently color your hair? I know it's the sun's glare reflecting off your hair but red looks good on you :)

    ReplyDelete