Wednesday, January 15, 2014

12 Things

Hello Bunz. Today while laying in bed, I decide on this beautiful hump day to reflect on my 12 goals of 2013. 
  1. Attend a Baking/Bread Class.
  2. 30 days Work-Out trial.
  3. Volunteer at an Animal Shelter
  4. Watch a live soccer game
  5. Try a new crafty skill
  6. Attend a Bucket List Concert: Bon Jovi, U2, Coldplay (can't get enough of them!), Celine Dion, Jay-Z
  7. The Color Run in Los Angeles
  8. Make/Bake a Pie
  9. Take more pictures with my film cameras and create an album
  10. Swim with the Dolphins
  11. Dare Devil: Go Bungee Jumping
  12. Take a picture with Ariel, the Little Mermaid
Not familiar with 12 Things? You can read about it hereFor my last Revisit: 12 Things, click here2012 12 Things: hereFor my Bucket List: here

8 out of 12. I can say that I am pretty happy to be able to accomplish 8! That's 75% of the list :) Yay. *pats back* Awesome.

So it's already mid January of 2014. Yes, I do have goals in mind but have yet written it down. Now it's time.

12 Things of 2014

Complete ProBaking 1 & 2 at The New School of Cooking
I start school tomorrow and could not be excited. A new chapter!
Enjoy Coachella 2014 with my friends & brother & The PillowMan
Tickets have been purchased and the only thing that we're working on is a place to stay. Prices are ridiculously high, even if we split the cost. We are hoping for a miracle hahahaha...
Travel abroad to somewhere new
I think this will be like an annual goal. Who doesn't want to cross out a new place to visit each year? This year I will be going to Brazil (PillowMan was there last year) so I couldn't be more excited! Not only that, we will be joining the world for the World Cup. It's going to be insane!
Lower my debt by half or more
Now this is a work-in-process. I am dying to be debt free. Who doesn't? I wish I can win the lottery and BAM erase every single debt I have. Grrr.
Do another 5K
I love doing 5Ks because for me it's doable. Hahaha... The Color Run is coming up so I am thinking on signing up again... and maybe some other ones too. They are getting creative now!
Ride a Hot Air Balloon
I've never been on one so this was added to the list. We have a winery town not too far from our area where they do Hot Air Balloon festivals (in Temecula). There are deals all the time on Zozi.com or GroupOn that gives out deals for balloon rides and wine tasting at the same time. I might need that buzz for that height!
Celebrate my 30th Birthday
Oh yes. The big 3-0. It's coming in April. Coachella is one of the ways of celebration but I also want to celebrate with my family and close friends. Don't know how or where, but we will see went it comes by.
Plan a weekend getaway with my Family (Chimichanga included)
Well, this was supposed to be in December (vegas!) but my mom got severely ill at the last minute, so the trip had to be postponed. The thing is we don't know when. Haha. It will happen.
No Social Media Sabbath/Saturday
I started this last Saturday (Sabbath = Friday Sunset to Saturday Sunset) and it was nice. I tried to stay off of my computer/phone/iPad as much as I can during the time, well with the exception of phone calls/texts. I seriously got so much tasks done, it was fabulous. With our daily lives so occupied with the cyberworld, we kinda lost touch with our real world. There are so many things beyond the internet. It's time to back to the real world.
Own a Le Creuset Dutch Oven & Make Boeuf Bourguignon & Coq Au Vin
I've been dying to own one. And 2014 will be the year to own one! Hah! And I will cook my first meal with it with a classic (or two) French meal. Yum.
Hang out with Kiki Peter because I miss her dearly (which means... Paris!)
Kiki Peter is one of my best friends back in High School. She understand me and I understand her. I miss her so much. Only got to see her for several hours while I was in Paris. She lives in Paris so I have a reason to visit Paris. Which means, I need to find a cheap flight to Paris.
Make my own Cheese
I love cheese. I can't deny it. I remember seeing a DIY kit at William-Sonoma and I heard on how easy it is to make! I purchased my kit and now I just need to find a local farm where I can get fresh milk :)

Well that's all of my 12 goals this year! Let's kick 2014 in the ass and make these things happen :)

xoxo,
Rima

5 comments:

  1. You did awesome in 2013. 2014 looks like it'll be a blast. I want to try my hand at cheese again. I found a kit for mozzarella on etsy that I might have to pick up.

    I think we should meet up somewhere and do a 5k together. Some random city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on completing most of your goals for 2013,
    Hope you have a great time at Coachella and when you go to Brazil (I'm very jealous). I love festivals and travelling! : )

    www.jodiesjunk.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sooooo jealous that you're going to Coachella. I really hope I can make it there next year!
    Congrats on your goals :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm SOOO jealous that you're going to see the World Cup! I think I have to wait for World Cup 2022 when (hopefully) I'll be able to afford one! How did you get the tickets by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh man, you've got some good stuff to look forward to in 2014! :D awesome! Basically, the cooking school wins. And Paris is a close second. I want to do awesome things like you!

    ReplyDelete