Sunday, March 23, 2014

Because I'm Happy

March 20th was for realz a Happy Day for me (appropriate since it was the International Day of Happiness. 


I look like a hot mess (from rolling out that damn Croissant dough) but I was indeed grinding ear to ear. I completed ProBaking 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*does the jig*

The past 10 Thursdays has been fun times. From taking the train to LA, spending some solidarity while reading, and bringing home some baked goods (not to mention gaining some solid weight), I've never been ever in my life, looked forward for school. Even in nursing school, I groan every morning when I wake up. This one, I was like, whoop, time to go. 

I'm planning to take ProBaking 2 and maybe some other side classes, probably from Sur La Table, and also I've been taking the Artisan Bread Class & French Pastry from Craftsy. If you want to learn some classes online, I highly recommend Craftsy. Not only they are very educational, once you buy a class, you can go back to it at anytime, any day, till forever and ever.

Some of my friends asked me what is my favorite thing to bake now and in a heartbeat I would yell, "BREAD!" I love bread with a passion. Currently I'm loving Challah & Brioche. Oh my. The smell that it releases when baking in the oven... If only there is a perfume with the scent of fresh bread... (jk).

And honestly I am pretty sad that now I don't have any classes to go to. Now pretty much I must have to practice on my own. My dad is already asking me about business plans (like seriously? I just finished school). I still need to practice a lot. I'm already designing labels on the Makr app on my iPad. That app is fun.


So far I might start on tweaking the classic Madeleines. I love the cake/cookie because it is very simple to make. Like today, I made Lemon Rose Water maddies. Interesting blend, I say.


I'm so glad that this I was able to pursue something that I am passionate about. I'm happy that my parents are also encouraging me to do so... as well as my friends and coworkers. 

So I say... Follow and pursue your dreams. My next dream is to have my own cafe. One or two of my sisters wants to collaborate as well. It's nice to know you have family & friends who want to support you in what you love. 

Another dream that I want to do is donating what I make. I like to volunteer. I'm just wondering on how to combine volunteering and baking at the same time. I was thinking on volunteering at a shelter or soup kitchen. Must browse around. Wouldn't it be cool to own a food truck and just pass out food to the homeless. Like awesome gourmet food?

xoxo,
Rima 

3 comments:

  1. What great news! Congratulations Rima!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you would make a perfect cafe/food truck owner! And I am sooooo proud of you for following your dreams! Your dad is too funny, business plans? haha. He's only looking out for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would absolutely love to see you fulfill your dreams of a bakery! I wish I could say I was making the same progress on figuring out what I want my forever job to be but for now, I'll live vicariously through you and your passions!

    ReplyDelete