Monday, November 25, 2013

Weekly Wishes



I decided to join a link-up created by the super cool Melyssa of The Nectar Collective. Super dig the idea of this. Pretty much the concept is to write your goals/wishes for the week with the intend of, of course, accomplishing them during the week. Hello, this girl here loves making to do lists. 

Wishes for this week:

To enjoy my family's company and eat like a cow and be thankful for what I have

This week is Thanksgiving week here in the States and I am one of those that DO NOT celebrate Black Friday. Seriously, just be thankful for what you have (job, shelter, food, water, air... you know, basic stuffs). I work in a hospital and at this time of the year there is always in influx in depressed & anxious middle age people who can't afford a good holiday celebration with their family. Some of these people lost their jobs and just can't provide anymore. It's sad. Really sad. Sometimes I really just want to give them a big hug (which I do sometimes). 

Situation like these always take me back and remember how grateful I am to still have a decent job, a house to stay in, food & drinks to consume and a family (and furry boy) to come home too. 

This week I just want to enjoy my extended families warmth and love during our annual Thanksgiving Luncheon, just enjoying each others company. Feasting and laughing. Hangout with GrandMa. Taking pictures with my cousins. Sharing funny Youtube videos. Just be thankful with what I have. 

And as for the picture above, it's part of the pictorial weekly theme: New Beginnings. I quoted one of my favorite Coldplay song, The Scientist. Why that certain picture? Because sometimes, when I have to think of like starting over (either a plan/goal/recipe/life in general), I tend to look down to my feet and think... and a new idea can pop up and a new beginning can start :) 

The Nectar Collective
xoxo,
Rima

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post, and not just because it features one of my favorite songs :)
    In wishing I had a new job, I always fail to really remember that having a job about which to complain is a blessing in and of itself.
    Thanks for the reminder, and thank you for the noble work you do everyday.
    Britt @ One&20

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hanging out with Grandma!! Jeez I miss that :( Welcome to the link up. I am glad you a part of the tribe now.

    Ps. LOVE the pic. Ambil dimana? Indo? Please say Indo -- we have the prettiest nature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to do that too. Eat like a cow and not feel guilty about it. I got to hang out with my Gramma this past Sunday and it was awesome. Gramma's are the best :) Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Rima!!!

    ReplyDelete