Sunday, April 13, 2014

I love my Man

Not to sound cheesy, but I really do love my Man aka the Pillow aka The Traveling Pillow aka Kuma-san aka Robert.

He planned a surprise trip for me as a gift for my 30th birthday... and I didn't know my destination until I got to LAX. He was throwing me off with annoying hints for at least 2 weeks. Even when we got to LAX, he was throwing me off by bringing me to the departing tv monitors and saying, "OK... the trip is... you pick the destination!" I was like, "uh, no... I don't like this! That's not possible! How are we gonna book it?" blah blah blah (mind you, I was fighting food poisoning at the same time... I was getting body chills. Sickness? Yes. Excited? Hell yeah. Combo of both? Not that great). 

Then he went, "We're going to Maui!"
And I tell you, my body was literally shaking for reals. Shivering to the max. The combination of excitement and illness collided. Even the TSA guy looked kinda concerned. 


Once I get the time, I will share some more pictures of Maui. 
The Road to Hana and the search for the Red Sand Beach (nude beach!) was awesome.

Wait for it.

xoxo,
Rima

ps: thank you, babycakes (I know you hate that word), for the birthday getaway. I started my 30s with a bang. We both needed some time off from work (esp you!) and we created tons of memories (and inside jokes!) during our short trip to Maui. Now we can cross off Hawaii off our list :) Me love you long time.

3 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwwwwww! I thought you had both planned this trip together! I didn't realize Pillow kept it as a surprise!Pillow is a good man!!! A good, GOOD man!!! Ah-mazing, simply ah-mazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's an awesome man! I miss Hawaii and need to get back ASAP. I was born on Oahu and my uncle lives on the Big Island.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! Oh so happy for you :) Have a wonderful time there!!

    ReplyDelete