Tuesday, January 10, 2012

12 things.


So I was driving to my favorite local burger joint (hello Tam's Burger) and a epiphany crossed my mind... I wanted to improve my well-being, physically (this, for me, is a huge challenge) and mentally. And you might ask, why 12? Well it's 2012. Plus there are 12 months in a year. I think it should be doable to me to achieve a goal a month. My challenge to self is to do things that I have not done in my 27 (almost 28!) years of my life.

It doesn't have to be in order, nor it can happen where I may achieve more than one within a short period of time between activities. In a way, this kind of helps me cross off some stuffs on my Bucket List. So here it begins:

1. Missionary Trip (this will happen in March)
2. Bake and Decor a Cake. This I've never done ever!
3. Bake a batch of Macaroons
4. Bungee Jump and/or Sky Dive
5. Cha-Cha Family Reunion. This should be the year, guys.
6. Read at least 5 novels by the end of the year. I don't think I've ever read 5 novels in a year. Comic books, when I was a kid, doesn't count as novels. Haha. I finished my first one, The Hunger Games, this morning. I came pretty late for this great novel (sorta in a way, joining the band wagon ever since I see friends posted pictures of the trilogy in their Path account. I didn't know a movie was coming out for that novel, so I purchased the book thru Kindle, and killed it in 12 hours!), but now I'm on to the 2nd book of the trilogy, Catching Fire. I'm now excited for the movie!
7. Do a photo shoot of my baked goods. I must notify Ollie for this. Tee Hee.
8. Beer Tasting. Yes, I know wine tasting should be fun (and probably romantic too) but I'm a beer girl. I would love to explore the world of beer. Not to just get buzz on it.
9. Get a legit Physical Exam, inside out. I do have health insurance since I started work, but I've never taken great advantage of it. This time, I will. Haha.
10. Master the art of Fried Rice. Yes. Either the Thai Version, Chinese Version or Indo Version. I'm serious.
11. Volunteer at an Animal Shelter. Always wanted to do this. Even just for a weekend.
12. Make Snow Angels. Haven't yet.

Sounds doable, right?

Wish me luck.

moonbeams & bunny kisses,
Rima

No comments:

Post a Comment