Monday, January 16, 2012

Things I Love Monday, week 1 & 2


Well well... First of all I would like to thank for MLK for dreaming... and because of your dreams, I have a day off today. Tee hee.

Some fun things happened thru out the past 2 weeks and I shall share them to you. But you will definitely get a food post soon, this week. I'm excited to experiment on this tomorrow! Stay tune!

Work has been crazy ever since the start of the year. You know, I assume people, like you and me (probably more me) thought that since it's a new year, why not invest more time to your health. And no joke, we've seen an influx on our patients these past weeks. The ER and PACU... pretty much the whole hospital, was filled with patients. And I kid you not, a lot of them are SICK sick. I guess they hung on for quite some time during the holidays, busted their "health" out and decided to hit the hospital like nobody's business. One thing for sure, despite the craziness & frenzy, I'm thankful to have a job. *sigh*

Also these past two weeks were the last times I met the Pillow's sister & mum. We all hung out at Newport Beach Pier after enjoying my homemade chocolate chip cookies (I am so glad they love them) before I finally said my goodbyes to them. I really do hope his mum likes me... heehee.

One thing for sure that I established this 2 weeks was The Hunger Games. One word: EPIC. You guys must read it. And make sure to catch the movie in March. I'm so excited!

Another discovery that I've found was how hot Ryan Gosling was and is in Crazy Stupid Love. Never found him that attractive (yes, I am guilty. I have NOT seen The Notebook), but that movie changed my whole perspective of hawtness of him. Drool.

meet mr. Lincoln. named after Prez. Lincoln's beard. Cat of my Uncle Alvin. Haaay.
While my Uncle is hustlin his way in the Philippines for vacation, my mum asked me to take her to my Oma's house on my day off to keep her company. With her, I encountered this ball of fur named Lincoln. He's a Persian Cat, owned by my mum's youngest brother, Uncle Alvin. He has this evil face, but in fact he is the most spoiled cat ever. He'll purr at your feet then come up on to your lap ask for a rub. I am not a cat person, so when he came up to me for the first time, it was an awkward moment. I was afraid that once I touch him, he'll scratch my arms. But he's actually just chillin'. I believe Chimmy is more evil than Lincoln.

Then, of course, this past weekend was an important weekend for us dying football fans. Sadly to say, there will be no repeat Superbowl for the Packers (sad trombone). It was a pretty big disappointment for us (mainly the Pillow). I was so bummed with the Pack's performance, I slept thru almost 4th quarter. Oh well... Sometimes you can't guarantee a great standing stats during the Season to make it through the Post Season. Next year, baby. I wanna see then again so I can stare at Aaron Rodger's ass in them tight gold pants. They are dreamy.
the Pillow actually loves the Camera. He just denies it!
 Now after you read this sentence, look at the picture below. Now read this sentence: Doesn't it make you DROOL? I'm staring at it now and drooling to the max. I've been in a Korean Food phase for the past couple of days ever since I was talking to one of my Doctors at work, who's Korean, about kimchi. The Pillow and I, after dwelling in our sadness for the Packers, went to this restaurant by his place (thanks Yelp!) called Hashigo. We wanted to go to the Japanese BBQ next door, but the wait was 2 hours, but our bellies can't stand the growling (mkay, mainly me). Sat down, got the menu and we went for the Spicy Kimchi Fried Rice (!!!!!! must !!!!!!!) and boneless Kal Bi BBQ ribs. My goodness it was delish. I pounded that rice with them side kimchis like no ones business. I was so full, I was kinda afraid I might fall asleep driving back home! I really want to attempt to make this Kimchi Fried Rice, or as they say, kimchi bokkeumbap. Hm, challenge accepted! Yes, that's part of my goals of this year.
i am hungry now
Well I am excited for the upcoming weeks ahead. I heard that I am a "go" to have my own corner in a asian-american magazine (TBA!); planning a fun date with my niece, Crystle, who designed my new logo ; decorating Pillow's kitchen (he gave me full permission to own the kitchen. YES!); and a photo session with my friend Ollie regarding my baked goods. I am soo excited about that project. 

2012: year of projects!

moonbeams & bunny kisses,

Rima

No comments:

Post a Comment