Thursday, January 5, 2012

THE Bucket List

So I know everyone has a bucket list, right? I never had one until I watched, well, "The Bucket List" movie. If you haven't seen it, I really recommend it.

As 2012 was approaching, late last year I was planning ahead (typical me) on what bucket list I want to cross out on my list. I know my list is still and will probably always grow as I get older. I achieved some of them in the past, and I am planning to cross out some more this year.

So here's my list. Some are realistic, some are not, but hey, who knows... it may happen one day. I believe in miracles and dreams!


  • Step my feet and inhale the airs of London, Paris, Tokyo and New York City (April '10 & March '11)
  • Watch Manchester United play. Period.
  • Watch Manchester United play in Old Trafford
  • Watch David Beckham play, live (Summer '10, LA Galaxy vs Real Madrid)
  • Shake David Beckham's Hand
  • Watch Lionel Messi play (New Jersey, March '11, Argentina vs USA)
  • Have a Dog (Chimichanga, my bratty pomeranian, Winter '08)
  • Learn a Third Language (I am fluent in English -duh- and Indonesian)
  • Zipline (Nov 8 '11 for Pillow's birthday in Catalina Island), Bungee Jump and Skydive
  • Watch Jack Johnson live (Sept '10)
  • Watch Backstreet Boys live (Summer '10. YES! This was a Teenage Dream of mine. The teenie-bopper in me went cray cray)
  • Do a tour of all of the houses I stayed during my 10 years in Indonesia and take a picture of me in front of them
  • Reunite with ALL of my Cha-Cha Sister (Oct 2012 & May 2014)
  • Medical Missionary - this one will be happening in March of this year
  • Watch Coldplay live (Summer '11)
  • Kissed in the Rain (yes cheesy, but it was done! 102410)
  • Shoot a gun
  • Live, at least 1 year, in Los Angeles, New York City and London
  • Pay off my debt (this is a long ass process)
  • Own a baking business (this is a long shot goal)
  • Master the art of photography
  • Master an Indonesian dish without looking at the recipe
  • Get Engaged (every girl's dream, right?)
  • Me and Pillow have our own bucket list: Watch Bon Jovi (April 2013), the Black Eyed Peas (he's scratched on that when he went to last year's Super Bowl), Coldplay (yes) live
  • Be a Maid of Honor (August '11 for my sister, Icha)
  • Have a closet full of Cameras (this is an on-going process. I don't have a closet for them yet)
  • Be in a newspaper (Feb '09, the Press Enterprise, with my friend Torrey, during the Swine Flu outbreak. FRONT PAGE baby)
  • Take a picture with Ariel, the Little Mermaid
  • Get a Tattoo (Jan '10, Crescent Moon to my left wrist)
  • Get my ear pierced (Summer '10, got both my cartilages done)
  • Watching an NFL (Packers vs Chargers, Nov '11), NBA (Rockets vs Lakers, Summer '11), NHL, US Open, & MLB game live.
  • African Safari
  • Do a 5K race (Aug '12!)
  • Watch a World Cup game LIVE! (July 2014)
  • more to come
Well this year, so far that I can think of, I will be doing the Medical Mission trip to Honduras in March and also I'm reliving another list, watching Coldplay live in May. 

One dream of mine even since I graduated from Nursing School was to do a medical missionary trip. Finally, this year, I am able to achieve this important goal of mine. I'm going with a group from UC San Diego under the Global Brigades organization. I'm currently taking money donation for my trip. If you want to donate, feel free. Any amount of money helps. So far I'm already 65% towards my funds for the trip. If you want, you can go here and donate. Plus, it's tax deductible. 

And about Coldplay... I can't deny it, but I am a fan. I'm more of a fan, actually, since the past 2 years. Coldplay has been a big part of my relationship with the Pillow... There's so much history involved with some of their songs with the both of us. I'm one of those girls that relates songs to her part of her life, haha. Cheesy, I know, but true. Last Summer we saw them performed at the Tennis Court in UCLA and it was epic. That was just a mini summer concert, not those big arena ones. This year, they will be performing at the Hollywood Bowl, which I've never been to, so I'm pretty stoked to finally witness the epicness of them at a big arena. I can't wait when they perform some of their classics and also new songs from Mylo Xyloto (this album is super great). One thing for sure, I would probably cry when they perform Fix You (there's a meaning behind this song to me). I so can't wait for this!

I hope more lists can get crossed (and maybe get added on) this year. This year sounds fun already, to me. There's a certain list up there that I hope that can happen this year. If you know me, you know what I'm thinking about. Tee hee.

So what is in your bucket list? Do share. I want to know :)

moonbeams and bunny kisses,
Rima

3 comments: