Thursday, April 5, 2012

27 -> 28!

As I creep my way on to the age of 28, I want to recap awesome things that happened in the past year. I've been blessed abundantly by God (thanks!) and I am glad He's been giving me one day at a time to live. Honestly I haven't been using my time wisely and it seems I've been wasting it a lot on... the internet. Escapism at its best. Facebook, Tumblr, Gossip Blogs have been raping the time off of me that I haven't been able to stop and "smell the roses" (ok, I'm not a fan of roses).

This year I'll try to slow down my pace and try to enjoy more of, well, time. I'll try to stop... and take a deep breath. I want to enjoy life.

Things that I did when I was 27:


  • I moved to another department. I became an Interventional Radiology Nurse. I left my first love, ER, to become a procedure nurse... which is now my new love. 1 year has passed (this week marks my 1 year anniversary), and I still love it. I literally spent my birthday at work. I've gained more experience in nursing and I'm glad that I did. Still lots of things to learn since Nursing is a pretty broad specialty. The benefit of being a nurse is that you can change to any kind of specialty you want, as much as you can. We'll see how it goes for me, haha.
  • I received my first surprised birthday party. Apparently my sister, Jeje, and my beloved PillowMan decided to throw a surprised party for me at my very own home. That was the day I called Robert a Jerk (in a happy, giddy, way). It was so thoughtful of them and I had so much fun. We had a game night, a tradition that Jeje started last year. The next day Rob & I went to Universals Studios and we got the year pass. I haven't been there in such a long time so it was nice to roam around the studios and experienced King Kong 3D. Pretty cool. 
  • I went the Venice Beach for the first time... and I didn't find any dirty needles.
  • Planned two parties with my sister, Jeje, for our 2 sisters, Nia (baby shower) & Icha (bridal shower) with great success. 
  • Lots of summer hang-out at Rob's in Newport/Costa Mesa
  • A special moment between me & Rob happened in the summer. 5565 forever.
  • Las Vegas trip with my family, including Rob & Otin's girlfriend. Pretty fun.
  • I got a promise ring from Rob... which I eventually broke :( I'm such a bad girlfriend.
  • Finally watch DAVID BECKHAM live in action. Wow. Surreal for me. Growing up watching him on TV back in Indonesia when he used to play for Manchester United. Even though the seats weren't the greatest, but still. Haha.
  • I got hooked on couponing
  • My sister's wedding. One of the funnest yet craziest weekends of my life. Never again I want to be a Maid of Honor. Also it was a partial Cha-Cha reunion (minus Dinda). 
  • Rob & I watched our favorite band of all time (in our relationship haha), Coldplay, live at UCLA. Epic. I was in tears when they played Fix You.
  • Attended 2 co-workers' wedding. One in Temecula at a winery, another one in Vegas. 
  • Went to San Diego Zoo with the Pathfinders.
  • Watched my first NFL game: Green Bay Packers vs San Diego Chargers. Epic game... in the rain! Rob got us front row tickets (!!!) and we were surrounded by legit Cheesehead fans that flew all the way from Wisconsin! Super awesome game. Got to see Aaron Roger's sexy ass. Also Clay Matthews. Oooo.
  • Celebrated Rob's birthday at Catalina Island. It was my first time there and it's such a nice island. We ended up Ziplining. Totally WORTH IT!!!!!! One of the best $100 spent ever. No regrets.
  • Went to church with Torrey. Well Torrey visited my church for a project. Yay.
  • Robert started travelling a lot this year ever since he moved to ASP. 
  • I started this blog. Bolu by Rima was born on 11/23/11. Yea boi.
  • Planned my annual UNISDAC youth Secret Gift Exchange party with the theme of 90s. As always, great success. I can't wait to do it again. So much fun.
  • I decided that it's time to accomplished on of my bucket list, to go on a mission trip, so browsed around an stumbled upon Global Brigades. Alas in March '12, I flew with a bunch of college kids that I've never met to Honduras, and honestly, it was one of the best weeks of my life. I wouldn't trade that experience with anything else. It was a fun yet blessed week. 
  • Finally got to meet Rob's mom for the first time. Nerve-wracking at first (for me!), but she's such a sweet lady. I really do hope she likes me.
  • Rob & I did apartment "shopping" for him, and now he is settled in Newport Beach (it's part of his own bucket list)
  • I decided to go Vegan for 1 month. Instead of losing weight, I gained. Never again.
  • I officially became an Aunty to Baby Cameron in October and will be an aunt to my future Xylo/Adam in September. Super excited!
  • The power of Facetime cured our long distances between me and Rob
  • My first photo shoot ever. I collaborated with Ollie of A Sight Of Love to do a romantic photo-op with Rob involving my baked goods. I haven't seen any of the final images so I am super eager to see it. asdkjfal;skdfjals;
  • I got addicted to the Hunger Games phenomena. Katniss over Bella.
Reading back at this entry, I actually did some cool stuff when I was 27 and I'm glad I did.  
I hope for a better year as I turn 28 this Saturday. I can't wait for surprises.

moonbeams and bunny kisses,
Rima

No comments:

Post a Comment