Sunday, April 8, 2012

Food Time: White Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

You know that feeling, when you're bored and there's nothing that suits your feeling on what to do at the time? I had that feeling today. After spending hours and hours on my macbook, I had that itch to bake. I was too lazy to go to the store so I opened my pantry & fridge to see what I have stocked. Oatmeal and butter and white chocolate chips were in stock. Thus, White Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies was made in the oven.


After browsing around, I found a recipe that was super easy. Who doesn't love easy recipes? The smell of the goodies baking was so divine, I can sense my waistline expanding already. Damn.

White Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
adapted from Smitten Kitchen

What you need:
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon table salt
  • 14 tablespoons (1 3/4 sticks) unsalted butter, slightly softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1 large egg, room temperature
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I use Mexican Vanilla)
  • 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oatmeal
  • 6 oz of White Chocolate Chips
First, heat up your oven to 350F. Toasty. Line up 2 baking sheets with parchment papers. Then sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl and set aside. On to your favorite stand mixer, with a paddle attachment (or whisk attachment if you're using a hand mixer), beat under medium-high speed the butter and both white & brown sugar until light and fluffy. I love fluffy sugared butter. Lower speed to medium low and add the egg & vanilla until fully incorporated. Add flour mix in increments until fully mixed. Add oatmeal and white chocolate chips and mix until incorporated.

Using my cookie scooper, I divided the batter up to 24 cookies... Approx. 2 tablespoon of batter each. Then bake cookies until golden brown, 13 - 16 min. Remove from oven, and let cookies cool on baking sheet on top of a wire rack. 

Once cool, grab a glass of cold (soy)milk, and indulge. Please do. For me. 




Mom ate 2. Dad ate 2. I ate 1. I'm holding my appetite. 

moonbeams & bunny kisses,
Rima

No comments:

Post a Comment