Monday, February 18, 2013

Wish List: Sur La Table

If you know me by now, I'm slowly on the roll on becoming a wannabe pastry chef kitchen cook. Unlike most girls, my to go store is not those fashion/clothes stores, instead they are kitchen/cooking stores. I love Anthropologie all in all, but when I'm there I head straight to the Kitchen section. Seriously, I just want to live in the store.

I love Sur La Table. They don't have one in my area, but there are 2 stores like 5 minutes away from the Pillow's place. I have to refrain myself from going in because: 1. I'll may spend some $$$ on unneeded things; 2. I can an easy 2 hours there, just drooling on their items; 3. I'm pretty sure Rob will leave me forever being bored in a foreign land. (jk on #3).

So here I am, drooling over their stuffs online and I ended up creating a wish list.



  1. Lékué Clear Egg Molds - I love eggs. If it wasn't for the cholesterol content on the yolk, I can eat like 5 hard boiled eggs in 1 sitting. When I was the demo on Sur La's website, I was like "hellz yea I want this!!!" It only takes about 1 minute or less to cook an egg in the microwave. Being Ms. Busy, I was sold. Hmmm...
  2. OXO® Stainless Steel Mandoline - Honestly, I really hate slicing. It takes forever for me, and not only that, it's damn messy. I really want to make my own sweet potato chips!
  3. KitchenAid® Professional 600 Stand Mixer - I need a new mixer. I have 2 Kitchen Aid Hand Mixer and a 10 year old Kitchen Stand Mixer that's dying. I can survive on the Hand Mixer, but I'm spoiled and don't want my arms to get tired so I would love to have a new stand mixer. Now if only they have this in teal. 
  4. Messermeister Chef’s Torch - I've been wanting to have a torch ever since I watched Amelie and her cracking-the-creme-brûlée scene. I love creme brûlée. 
  5. Sur La Table® White Marble Pastry Board, 16" x 20" - My kitchen surface is tile so I don't have a flat surface to roll dough. This is like super ideal. I want this badly!!!!!!!
  6. Le Creuset® Cherry French Press - How pretty is this French Press??!?! My first one was a Bodum brand, and I got the cheapest one. The glass finally broke and I was sad. Not only I use my press of coffee, but I love using it to brew my tea.
  7. de Buyer® Stainless Steel Flour Tamis - I'm a lazy person. I don't sift my sugar, salt, flour, baking powder/soda, milk powder, almond powder, est est est. I'm bad. I have the handheld one, but I just don't like using it. This one looks cool.
  8. Gobel Madeleine Mold - I love Madeleines. I can eat 10 of them at the same time. I want to learn how to make them with some fillings like Rachel Khoo's. YUM
Another cool thing about Sur La Table... THEY HAVE COOKING CLASSES.
I can't wait to take some once I'm back from Vacation. 

My dreams are slowly coming true. Now, I just need someone to buy me those stuffs above *hi robert*

Do you have a favorite store? What's your wish list?

floured face,
Rima

disclaimers: I am affiliated with Sur La Table, but this wish list was solidly compiled by me. I want all of these stuffs for reals!

9 comments:

  1. A friend of mine used to work at the Sur La Table warehouse here. He used to pick orders. I'm pretty sure he got a good discount, but since he didn't really cook, it wasn't of any use to him.

    I REALLY want a Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer. I like to go to Crate & Barrel and look at their kitchen stuff. I picked up a little dish a while back and repurposed it to hold my jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gurl i want a new mixer stat!!!!!! gah. man i wish your friend still works there and can get me a discount haha

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. gurl i want it too!!!!!!! mandoline makes life so much easier!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. i was there yesterday, seriously in a trance!

      Delete
  4. ah!! a torch, I'm so with you on that one. I'd love to have one someday, even if it's only to make one dessert! :) I get Sur la Table catalogs in the mail and I love going through them, but the closest one to me is 6 hours away... I'd love to take one of their cooking classes though! someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i was at sur la table on Sunday and was eyeballing that torch for 10 minutes... gaaah

      Delete
  5. Good grief, I LOVE Sur La Table. I can NEVER not walk into that store. Thank god there's none near me!

    ReplyDelete