Monday, March 5, 2012

What I Did With...

Leftover Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting... 

So last weekend I made an order for my Sister & Hubs of the SoufflĂ© cupcakes (it's getting popular. I have 2 more orders to do!) & the Strawberry cupcakes, and had 2 cups of frostings left. I got the itch (a good one) to bake yesterday after my morning call-back case. 

After 2 weeks of contemplating on to make or not to make, I decided to give it a try on making some macarons. I have two macaron books (1 & 2), but I settled with one of them. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, but I did got pretty disappointed when I was done making them. The texture was not as how it was supposed to be because they came out like super crunchy cookies. Even my brother was like, "this is weird!" 

But after some major googling around, I found out that you're not suppose to eat it right away, instead create the macaron and let them sit for 24 hours in the fridge and then indulge. 

I was happy. I was so happy I ate 2 right away. Plus, my co-workers love them. I became happier. Woopah!


And... I still had leftover frosting, so I made a batch of Chocolate Whoopie Pies.


Gosh, I love their cakey texture... You can't just inhale them. You must bite, enjoy, and bite again.

People at work are so lucky. I'm making them fat!
On a non-cooking related story, my cookbook wall rack decided to go bye-bye and collapsed :( Right underneath that rack was my cameras and thank goodness they were okay, no scratches were made. 


Which made me realized, I do have tons of cookbooks. If only I have the time to make every recipe in those books. That would be a dream. I'm going to leave that Martha Stewart's Cooking School book at my boyfriend's apartment. Hopefully that's a hint for him to learn how to cook ;)


Oh! I am super excited because this weekend will be my first photo shoot with my buddy, Ollie! The preggo Sister & Hubs will be there too to help out eating all the baked goods I'll be making. Haha.

So stay tune!

moonbeams & bunny kisses,
Rima

2 comments:

  1. Wow I should have tried this too, this is cool I can't imagine how this taste like.
    kitchenaid toaster oven

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The taste was superb :) Hey, it's better than wasting good frostings :)

      Delete