Monday, October 14, 2013

#boluineurope: Ertsfeld & Geneva

As you may know from my last #boluineurope post, we drove to Milan. So of course, we drove back to Switzerland, to Zurich to be exact to drop off the car and take the train back to Neuchatel. Well heading back to Le Suisse was kinda hell because we had to pass the long tunnel, Gotthard Road Tunnel. Mind you, they kinda limited the car entries to the tunnel so there was major traffic... #annoyed. Once we passed the traffic and held our breath for 16+km (jk. we would be dead), we were finally in the German side of Swiss.

We see mountains covered with some mean looking clouds (it was kinda rainy) and there was a river flowing next to the road. We were like, "Uh, we should stop and take pictures. You don't see this much green in California." Plus I had to pee. So we stopped at the next rest stop, peed (there were no toilet paper *sad&gross*) and hopped over the fence and admire the beauty of nature.

Did you know... those rocks were filled with slugs/leeches? I didn't realized until we were heading back. I told Rob, "Hey, why are there big ass dog poops everywhere?" because they literally looked like big dog poo scattered all over... Until I realized they were moving. I screamed and started to run away and made hurling noises. GROSS. And no I didn't take pictures of those... Argh.

Anyways, after that mini-heart attack, we headed to Zurich, barely making the last train to Neuchatel and made it safely to the hotel. Then we split the following morning :( He had to stay for another week to finish work while I had to head on back. I hopped on the train to Geneva and decided to spend my last day in Swiss there.

Swiss is really a pretty country. Lots of nature to admire and lots of history. Too bad it's SOOOO DAMN EXPENSIVE.

But I don't mind going back. Matter of fact, the Pillow is heading back in November. But too bad I can't go. Boo. 

Swiss, thanks. Your chocolates were awesome.

Rima

2 comments:

  1. Peeing in the wilderness with no toilet paper? Don't worry I've done it too. Welcome to the shake, shake, jiggle club!! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man swiss chocolates.. that sounds awesome. Also, there is a ton of GREEN in California up North ;) We got trees for dayzzzzzzz

    ReplyDelete