Wednesday, October 9, 2013

I'm Going Back to the Start...

(cue "The Scientist" by Coldplay)


First of all, since it's the first week of October, Happy ER Nurse's Week.

Anyways, some of you may not know that my background of nursing is actually Emergency Medicine. I was in the ER for 3 years before I transferred my ass to Interventional Radiology aka IR aka Medical Imaging aka "Er, what kind of nursing is that?!!!?!" says everyone that asked. My 2+ years in IR were splendid... From doing crazy emergency cases (Man vs Cow. May he RIP) to getting awesome lunches from Reps (from BJ's to Panera to Famous Dave's). We are a tight-knit family (6 Nurses, 4 Radiology Technologist & 4 IR Doctors), so it's always a love-hate situation everyday at work. My Monday-Friday, with holidays and weekends off (except when being on-call) are awesome. We work closely with the other division of the Medical Imaging department and we all watch each other's back.

Yet this awesomeness that I have experienced will come to an end :( It's like closing a chapter.

I am going back to my roots. I will be serving back as an Emergency Nurse in November (cue the bedpans & butt cleaning. #argh). Why? Because of baking school. I can have a flexible schedule (I make my own schedule) while I'm learning something that is the opposite of nursing, baking (I can get your sugar high... better bring your insulin! #harharhar)

I will miss working with my IR team. A lot. Gonna miss the free lunches (duh free food). But it is nice to go back and work with some of my old co-workers and doctors... and get my old skills back in order. Plus, no call :)

Good thing IR is right next door to the ER.

I guess you can't have everything. I would love to stay in IR, but I can't have a flexible schedule.

Oh life.

- Rima


2 comments:

  1. I'm sure it will be tough leave your IR team but I'm so happy you're going to baking school!!! Just one step closer to your dreams :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be such a great change for you!!! :) Pursing your dreams of baking will be worth it! Cheering you on girlfrannnnnnnn

    ReplyDelete