Thursday, October 3, 2013

cue that song... (Revisit: 12 Things)

tiger cub elephant thailand

by Katy Perry... "Roar"

I couldn't stop playing that song in my head as I was playing around with tigers & elephants in Thailand. I had so much fun meeting, petting, feeding, bathing, walking and just goofing around with these awesome creatures.

Especially dancing with Apple, the Swaying Elephant. Btw, me squealing in the end is because of the red ants biting my feet. Eek.




Plus, can not forget my 12 Things, where #10 is Swimming with Dolphins. This was accomplished in Bali. I was able to spend time with Nemo, the youngest in the group, for about 30 minutes with my friend Helga and an elderly couple. Nemo was soo cute. And I salute the trainer, Julio, who's been working with these dolphins for 10 years. Yes, they are in captivity, and yes, we pay to see them and be entertained by them, BUT what I've found out is that they do release them to the ocean to swim freely and these dolphins come back for food. They don't work all day every day, they do have off days during the week and they get fed 3 times a day plus snacks. One thing I am happy about is that these trainers love what they do and love the animals as well. 

Since we are still talking about animals, I went to the Monkey Forest in Ubud, Bali, where these monkeys are considered sacred in the Forest. They are fierce when you feed them. This one was just chillin' so I decided to pose with him.

Not familiar with 12 Things? You can read about it here :)
For my last Revisit: 12 Things, click here.
2012 12 Things: here
For my Bucket List: here

As a reminder... Here are the things I want to accomplish in 2013.
  1. Attend a Baking/Bread Class.
  2. 30 days Work-Out trial.
  3. Volunteer at an Animal Shelter
  4. Watch a live soccer game
  5. Try a new crafty skill
  6. Attend a Bucket List Concert: Bon Jovi, U2, Coldplay (can't get enough of them!), Celine Dion, Jay-Z
  7. The Color Run in Los Angeles
  8. Make/Bake a Pie
  9. Take more pictures with my film cameras and create an album
  10. Swim with the Dolphins
  11. Dare Devil: Go Bungee Jumping
  12. Take a picture with Ariel, the Little Mermaid
Yeah. 7 out of 10.

Stay tune for more travel pictures. I'm on a slow mo mode since I have to get back to work.

Have any goals to share?!

xoxooooooooo,
Rima

3 comments:

  1. This ah-mazing!You are freaking inspiring me with all this traveling you've been doing lately. That dancing with the elephant video is supercute. p.s. hope your tummy and butt are feeling better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH all your pictures with elephants are freakin AMAZING. You are my travel goddess, I hope to be as traveled as you someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesomeness! So much fun in all these pictures.

    ReplyDelete