Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Happy World Vitiligo Day!

I suffer from vitiligo. Ya know, those painless, itch-less white patches on your skin. I've had it since 5th grade.

Apparently today, June 25, is World Vitiligo Day. As a Vit girl, I'm showing the world what I have.



A lot of people are not aware of this skin condition. I even had medical doctors and nurses asked me if I had a burn. Yes, these are medically trained people. In the beginning I was like, "WTH" but then I thought it's my time to educate them. I'll be like, "Ya know that Michael Jackson skin disease..."

Mine is mostly on my chest, front & back of neck, my arms and on my face. I do cover-up with Dermablend. I've been using them for over 10 years. Seriously, if you need a cover-up, let's say for Tattoo, use Dermablend.

I'm not ashamed to be born with this. It's part of me. On instagram, I've seen a lot of beautiful people with vitiligo. Yes, maybe like 10 years ago, I was pretty ashamed and inferior of it. I fear that no one will love me for the way I look. Thank God I grew out of that fear and I have a Pillow to cuddle with (ok on weekends).

One day I will walk out of my house without cover up. Esp on a lazy day. hohoho.

Happy Vitiligo Day!

moonbeams,
Rima


2 comments:

  1. Happy Vitiligo day! I totally missed it because I did not know about it. I have it around my eyes and my hips. And I agree, I have been asked by doctors what this is too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of people on my dad's side of the family have it (and it's very noticeable since they live in India and have very dark skin). No big deal, it's just you!!

    ReplyDelete