Monday, June 3, 2013

She loves Paris; He loves Barcelona (part 7)

Mini Series: 123

Aw yeah, still in Paris. This time I was brave enough to venture Paris by myself. I headed out via Metro to Montmarte for my baking class (bucket list: check!). If you ever get a chance to be in Paris and interested in taking a cooking class, try Cook'n With Class. Even Rachel Khoo taught some classes there before (lucky people!) Anyways, it was pretty nerve wracking for my solo venture but I survived. The class was fun! 1 chef, 6 students. 





Of course we can take home what we baked so pretty much, being cheap me, I took enough for both Rob & I for breakfast :) Hahaha... We had these for the next couple of days. Seriously, they were gooooddd...

After devouring the croissants with Rob, we headed out to Musee de Lourve and strolled around Jardin des Tuileries. Knowing how famous this museum was and I wasn't in the mood for crazy touristy crowds, we waiting til like 45 minutes to closing time, just to see Mona Lisa. Score.

PS: Rob almost got mobbed by a scam artist lady who asked Rob if he dropped his "gold ring", in front of Lourve... Good thing I read about these before we left for our vacation. I was holding his arm and I literally pulled him as fast as I can and told him that she was a con artist.

Mind you, it was a cold day. It actually snowed. Yes. Snowing in Paris.

I look like an eskimo




After warming ourselves inside Lourve, we decided to walk around again, killing time because we had reservations for dinner at the 58 Tour Eiffel restaurant. Yes, it's a nice restaurant inside the Eiffel Tower :)

Arc de Triomphe!
Seine River & Eiffel Tower!

The food was delish! It is recommended to make reservations, so if you do plan to go, do it. 








Well... This dinner was special. Why? The Pillow gave me another promise ring (I broke my original one. womp)... I was really surprise. The promises was super exciting :) I can't wait til those 2 promises come true. Only time will tell!

you can see the ring, eh?

Seriously, looking back at these pictures makes miss Paris A LOT! Grrr...

Who won't fall in love with this scene...

eiffel tower seine river dawn purple paris

à bientôt!

Rima

2 comments:

  1. Oh that last picture... serious wanderlust now. I love croissants, I think making them would be so dangerous for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! And the food looks yummy. I wished I'd visited when I lived overseas, though I'm not sure I'd appreciate as much as a teenager as I would now.

    ReplyDelete