Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Live the Life...

from tumblr

This past weekend, I took a class (baking, of course) that actually made me think. Of course it made me think on how wonderful the cakes came out and how much I was drooling during class.

That simple class made me think on what do I want to do with my life. And I had this simple discussion with the Pillow. Good thing, he just listened.

I want to be debt free. I'm getting there. Just about $ xxxxxx til I'm done. I'm pretty glad that my credit card with the highest interest will be paid off in October. Can't wait. (Rob agrees on this, it applies to him)

Then with the money I've been using to pay off my debt, I want to save up and start my retirement plan. Yes, people. Retirement is within 30+ years for me. Haha. (Rob, again, agrees on this, it applies to him as well)

I want to go back to school. Not in nursing, but in pastry. This cake class that I took at Sur La Table, really helped me explore what I love to do. I do love making cakes. I love getting flour in my hair, smeared frosting on my nose, getting my hands sticky from egg whites (you get the deal). I get really excited when people bite in to my baked goods and say how yummy it taste.

I want to own a small yet successful coffee shop/bakery in Jakarta or somewhere in Indonesia (this is a dream of my baby sister & I) and just be pretty humble and happy about it.

I want to volunteer as much as possible with animals. My love for them keeps growing every day. I swear one day I'll turn vegetarian.

And of course, I want to travel. Yes marriage and kids are in the picture, but traveling is what I want to do. But as I travel, I want to contribute or do a good deed to the community I'm visiting. If I have kids during the time, I want to teach them on how to appreciate and respect other's cultures.

I'm not sure on settling down and owning a home, but maybe. A small house to call home, but that can be any type of housing settlement. I don't want to be tied down on to a mortgage payment. I grew up moving around (the longest I've ever lived in 1 house is the one I'm living now). (Rob agrees on this, because he, too, moved around a lot as a kid... Even now as a grown up. Gah I hate moving though).

via tumblr

I love what I do as Nurse, but you have your days where you don't feel appreciated... whether it's either by a scumbag, demanding, unappreciative patient or even by your own damn boss who worries too much about his "numbers" and his "bonus" instead of backing up and supporting his own damn staff. Those people up there, aka Administrations, need to get down on their knees and "scrub the floors" with us (or in nursing term, "go clean up that bowel movement room 6 made")... sorry <not sorry>, getting all political here.

I'm ready to embark another adventure.

I believe there is no such thing as being too late to achieve your dream. Hey, even Nola Ochs achieved her Masters Degrees at the age of 98. Super woman, I say.

Moonbeams & Bunny Kisses,
Rima

2 comments:

  1. You know what you want, go for it! It's smart that you're handling your finances so responsibly and I really hope you get to follow your dream and become a pastry chef!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My life desires are pretty similar...though I don't think I could ever be a vegetarian...flexitarian for sure though.

    You can do it! Those are all very achievable goals. I can't wait to see you mark those all your list one by one.

    ReplyDelete