Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Review: Pocky

via

Growing up in Asia, you would know what Pocky is. It's a biscuit stick dipped in chocolate. It's a social snack, I would say. So when I moved back to the US and seeing these in Asian Markets, and now in most Western Market (in the Asian/Ethnic Aisles), I was uber happy. I would purchase the big packs (in Asian market) and it was one of my survival foods during Nursing School.

People who are not familiar with Pocky would ask, "WTH is that?" I would answer, "It's a party in my mouth." And I would offer them a stick or two. See, get it? It's a social snack. Hence, you end up in an interesting conversation.

If you know me, you would know I love all things Japan. So when I go to Mitsuwa or Marukai (2 known Japanese Market in SoCal), I would go to their snack aisle, and weep. There are too much cute snacks to buy. Hence I would spend $30 on snacks when I go to those markets. Sad but true. And for sure Pocky would be in my shopping bag.

I purchased the big pack (it contains I believe 8 small bags of approx. 10 sticks of Pocky) last time, and brought a small bag to work. My co-worker was like, "Rima... What are you eating?" While I nibble on a stick, I just hand him the bag and told him to just shove one stick in his mouth (... that sounds weird). He was like, "DANG GURL WHERE JU GET DIZ?! *nomnomnom*" And I'm like, "I'm Asian. What do you think?"

The next day, we had a Pocky Partay at werk.

via
OMG. Look how many varieties are out there? I'll be back as I cry for joy.

Haven't try Pocky? Go to your market (asian aisle) and get a box. You will not regret!

xoxo, Rima

7 comments:

  1. I love Pocky. My favorites are the sea salt kind and the almond crunch. I occasionally pick up a package when I go to the International Market. Which I need to do soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nom nom nom... let's share a box or two or 10.

      Delete
  2. I am in love with Pocky but they only sell two types in the closest store I can get too. I can't believe that there are other that love it too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gotta love Pocky, right? NOM. Me too, when I googled pocky and saw the varieties of it... i was like WHOA.

      Delete
  3. LOVE Pocky. You should do a whole series on Asian snacks, next up Hello Pandas!

    ReplyDelete