Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Things I Love Monday, week 47


Get get get... In Line and Settle Down.

You know where I'm going with this post, tee hee.

Well, let me just say that I had a great Thanksgiving. My family had our tradition: Having Thanksgiving Brunch at a local hotel. We haven't done this for probably 3 years (we've been going to grandma's), but this year, my family didn't wanna deal with the whole cooking and clean up (and not so needed left overs), plus 1/2 of our family is in Indonesia for my cousin's wedding, so we decided to bring back our old tradition. Food was BOMB. I actually cheated on my diet.

DIET? Yes. This girl here is on her Phase 1 of South Beach Diet (the NO CARB phase). Yes. I know what your mind is thinking. Diet on Thanksgiving Week. Yes. You know that I've been dying staring at all the carbs around me. OH and Yes. I did made dinner rolls on Friday night because I was bored. You don't know how much pain I gave to myself from baking. The smell of baked yeast was torture.

But so far so good. I lost almost 5 lbs. I'm pretty sure they're water weight, but still... Seeing the scale going down is nice. Oh what's nicer is that my jeans aren't so snug anymore. One good thing about this diet is it forces me to watch what I eat. It was hard the first 3 days, but right now I'm okay with snacking on nuts. I really can't wait til Sunday, because that's when I can start eating carbs... The GOOD carbs. I miss my fruits and oatmeal.

Other than that, it's been pretty dull because the Boyfriend is still overseas, but thanks to Facetime/Skype (as I said on my previous posts), I was able to sorta cure my longing for the Pillow... It's still rough because the time difference is so off and his lack of getting wi-fi... So communication is pretty scarce. Boo.

ANYWAYS, my HIGHLIGHT for Thanksgiving Weekend was: NO DOUBT.

Yes. The Band. Gwen Stefani and the Boys. One of my church friends score PIT tickets for their 7 nights Los Angeles Push & Shove Shows. We got opening night. I've seen them twice (once when they did they're tour prior to hiatus with Blink 182 and I flew to Utah by myself just to see them during their 2009 Summer Tour), but to see them THAT CLOSE was a whole different experience. It was amazing.

Yes, she was within reach. 
The Amazing Gwen
The girl to the right there was next to us. Gwen stated at one point she got hot and needed someone to remove her jacket. This lucky girl WHO WAS NEXT TO US got chosen. Lucky @)(#*&.
Yes, Tony Kanal stared straight to us




All I can say is, HOT DAMN. The band maybe in their 40s, but they still rock like they're in their 20s. Gwen Stefani was just, WOW. Her abs. When she switched to her red outfit, all I did was stared at her abs. It was just like BAM in front of me. Such an inspiration. 

Oh and of course, I recorded my favorite No Doubt song.

Oh on a not-so-happy note, I spent almost $1000 today... ON MY CAR! It needed major tune up and 4 new mother-freaking tires. Apparently one of them has metal showing. But thank God I did go in to the shop today... because I'll be in OC this weekend and have to go to LAX to pick up the Pillow. Who would've known what may happen at the time. Gah. #mustexcemptpaycheck

WHEN IS THE NEXT HOLIDAY? I wanna be off. haha.

moonbeams,
Rima

4 comments:

  1. There's nothing more inspirational when you're dieting than seeing Gwen's body, that's for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous you got to go the concert and at how close you were. Gwen looks awesome for her age! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooo you're a jerk and I hate you. I'm so jealous it's ridiculous. I've seen No Doubt a few times, but NEVER that CLOSE! Argh. I. love. them. Glad you had fun, girl!!

    ReplyDelete