Wednesday, April 3, 2013

He Loves Barcelona; She Loves Paris (part 1)

Alas, the time has come for me to post my (butt load) pictures from my recent vacation to Barcelona & Paris. Since there are a butt load of them, I'm creating a series. I may bore you with my random pictures. But HAAAAAY, I can. 

So we flew with Lufthansa and I love it! The staffs were so friendly and nice. They never fail to ask you if you need anything. Impressed. 


Me, being weird, put "kosher" in my meal choice and I've been given kosher food... and I totally forgot about it! I gave the Pillow a weird look, "Dude. Did I really ordered Kosher?" And he just stared at me. Anyhoo, the food was good! And good for me, I get my food first before other passengers. Woo. 

Our layover in Munich was 5 hours. A good stretch after an 11 hour flight. The airport is pretty big. After getting our passport stamped, we decided to inhale some Germany air. We went to the courtyard, went to McDonalds (like a true american) and went inside a Germany market. I have this thing with markets. I just wanna live inside a market with unlimited foods. 





Damn, I look like crap. That's what work, packing and traveling in 1 day would do to you. You look rough. What's Germany without Wieners and Biers? I was like, "Hot Damn, I'm in Germany! Must have German food!" Luckily to find out, Munich Airport has the one and only AIRPORT brewery in the world. Yes. They brew their own beer. In an Airport. Too legit. 





Guess which one was mine? Of course... The BIG one. That little itty bitty buddy next to it is like beer shot I must say. Supposably you're suppose to sip and savor, The Pillz took it down as a shot. Whoa. And that little sucker was like 30+%. Yup. Super strong yo. 

Then, of course... We had to have some wieners... (hee hee... My boyfriend had wiener). This one was smothered in curry sauce. And boy, he was happy. Being the bread lover, of course I had to have a pretzel.


Once we arrived in Barcelona, the first thing I wanted to do once we get to our hotel is to... SHOWER. I felt so dirty (esp my hair!)


We took a cab to our hotel. Mr. Driver speaks very very little English. WAIT! Mr. Driver ain't no ordinary taxi driver. We were confused when we got out of our terminal, it was like about midnight and had no idea where the public transportation was. Looking like dumb tourists, Mr. Driver came up to us, "Oh, you need taxi? C'mon... €30!" I came to realized, "Hot damn, this is a Gypsy Taxi!" Knowing that pickpocketing is big in Europe, little Rima has a slight panic attack. Looking at The Pillow and speaking in Indo, "Should we?" Both of us were tired and confuse, taking a leap of faith, we said "Si!" to Mr. Driver and followed him. On the way to our hotel, I was saying a prayer like no other. I feared that he was gonna kidnap us or something. Thank God (seriously) he dropped us off in front of our hotel & it was like a 15 minute drive from the airport. 

And of course, I showered once I got in to the room. So fresh and so clean. We stayed at the B Hotel (I super recommend!!!) which is located near the MNAC and Plaça d'Espanya. It's next to Arena Barcelona, which is an old sports stadium that they tore down and revamp in to a mall. My kind of people. Preserver an iconic landmark and give an awesome makeover. 

By the time I was done showering, it was like 2 AM. And we were hungry. Heard that Barceloneans like to eat and party late, we went out hoping to find something to eat. Yes, there were people roaming around in their clubbing gear (I saw an old drunk man getting kicked out of a strip club) but since it was near closing time, it was hard to find food. We went to 2 restaurants and they recommend a bar right across our hotel that may be open. And we were so glad we did. Mind you, what greeted us was an Asian kid that look like this...


instead with a black t-shirt with some 90s jewelry and piercings... AND who doesn't speak a bit of English! He only speaks Chinese and Catalonian! With my really butchered Mexican Spanish, I ordered Paella con Pollo. And gurrrlll, it was DELISH. 


Nom. I don't know if it has some Asian influence to it, the chicken reminded me of Peking Duck. It was so good. To burn off some Paella calories, we walked around our 5 day 'hood, familiarizing self. 



This statue circle is part of Plaça d'Espanya, which leads to the MNAC. It's our point of map when we get lost. 

So that's part 1. Til next part :)

moonbeams,
Rima

2 comments: