Friday, April 12, 2013

I like to self-diagnose

Y'all know that I'm a nurse. And y'all know that nurses make the worst patients. And I'm one of them.

I dislike going to the doctor, unless I need to.

Thanks to the digital world, I googled my symptoms and came up with tendonitis.

...To my muthafreakin thumb.

Yes, people. I have a sore thumb. My right thumb to be exact. It's been sore for the past 3 days and it ain't good. It throbs.

It's not from hitchhiking or sucking my thumb (i ain't no baby so that's eww). I don't stuck my thumb in weird places too (oh you so dirty... Stop it.)

I blame Apple. Thanks to the iPhone and the invention of Candy Crush, my right thumb hurts like hell, I have to take Motrin and I need to go to CVS and buy a freakin brace.

And I still refuse to go to the doctor. Yes, I am stubborn like that...

Yes, people... The iphone/texting/vidoe-game thumb illness is true. Sucks.

Oh and this post is done from my iPhone. I'm so lame.

xoxo,
Rima

ps: thanks to webmd and google for being my free doctor.

3 comments:

  1. Ugh! I've had that in my thumb. The pain would shoot down to my wrist. It finally went away about the same time I ended up in the ER with a kidney infection. Here's to a speedy recovery and use your index finger to play Candy Crush instead. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just caved and downloading candy crush right now. Isn't it like bejeweled and all those other games? I try to avoid going to the doctors unless it's for my diabetes, but I like to google weird things. Maybe next time I should ask you or Evani to diagnose me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, I think in the age of webmd, etc...we all tend to try and self diagnose! Since I don't have a cell phone (of any kind) I'm not too worried about it, but Tim always holds his Iphone between his thumb and middle finger and uses his index finger to scroll around...I swear arthritis is only a matter of time...

    ReplyDelete