Monday, April 1, 2013

Things I Love Monday: March & April Goals

And woopah. Double slam. Time is money and I gotz things to do! Haha... I'm so weird.

Today I treat you with 2 entries in 1 post. Yes, TiLM and April Goals.

But I'm gonna start with Goals. Let's recap March, shall we?



1. Enjoy my vacation - If I can, I would give this 5 points alone. I really did enjoy my vacation. I swear the pictures are coming! Point: 1
2. Make Croissants - and YES it was soooo much fun! I did this via Cookn' with Class in Montmarte with a couple from New York, a girl from Canada and a girl who's originally from South Africa who's staying in Paris. I really recommend this class. Not only it was fun and interesting, I learned a lot (I rather buy it from a bakery than baking it, lol), we get to take home what we baked. So I pretty much had croissants for 3 breakfasts! Here's a little sneak peak... Point: 1



3. Read a Novel - well this didn't happen despite my co-worker lend me her Silver linings Playbook novel. I ended up watching it on the plan (hey I was so happy!) Point: 0

So I made 2 out of 3.

Ah, March was fun. Now for April...
1. Enjoy my birth month - This year would be my last year as a 20-something. Last year before Dirty Thirty. Last year to fuck up things in my 20s (it's not like I'm playing to, har di har har...). So far I got some fun plans ahead for April: I have the Ellen Show tomorrow (!!!) with guaranteed tickets! Then, Melissa from Insert Sarcastic Remark Here is COMING TO CALI CALI!!! We plan for some dinner and Disney dates next week. Awesomely she is staying like 5 minutes away from mi casa. Woo!!! Then on the 19th, the Pillow and I are gonna watch a bucket list concert, Bon Jovi! So excited!!!
2. Be a local tourist - So I've been reading a lot about traveling. And one thing that popped out was that you don't have to travel too far to enjoy a city. Why not be a tourist in your own hometown? And I thought, "You know what? That's right!" I'm fortunate enough to live within driving distance to Los Angeles and Orange County... Yet, I hardly roam around the touristy spots. I mean I did before, but why not do it again? Or try out some local eateries around the area... I haven't been to Pasadena in a loonnggg time... and shamefully for me, Pasadena is not too far and IS a BEAUTIFUL area. (random fact: I was born in Pasadena). I told the Pillow that we should be local tourists after the Bon Jovi concert. Maybe plan to spend the weekend in LA and just roam around and find great places to eat. Hmm...
3. Chew my food - Pretty random but it's the concept I want to do. Often, I eat in a hurry... I eat standing up in kitchen, I eat in the car, I eat in front of TV/Laptop/iPhone/iPad... Pretty much in on the go... Which is not a good thing. I learned in Europe, not only the portion is smaller compare to Americans, they take their time when eating. I don't see them eating while walking... Nor eating with their phones in front of their faces. Heck, I don't even see them walking around with their lattes in their hand... They actually SIT DOWN and ENJOY THEIR LATTES. They actually ENJOY their meals. When I arrived in Paris and had our first meal in the Latin Quarter, it was a 3 course meal with bread as a meal opener. Then the waiter gave us our appetizer and I was like, "dank this is small..." and ate and enjoyed the food. I noticed he waited for about 5 minutes to take our plates after we BOTH finished the appetizers. Then, another 5 minutes to deliver our entry. When I saw the portion of the entry, I thought, "Seriously, will I get full out of this?!??!" knowing how much smaller the portion is compare to America. Then, homeboy didn't pick up our plates until 5 minutes after we were down with our entry... Then, of course, 5 minutes later our dessert came... By that time I was getting full. I was surprised. I told the Pillz "I'm so full right now!" And so was he (mind you, the Pillz has a big appetite). We were stunned on how full we got with much smaller portions. It was like that the whole trip. Then we realized it's because we took time, chewing and enjoying our food without overstuffing our mouths, making us get full so quickly. Thus because of that, I hardly snack during the trip (i'm a HUGE snacker) ... Well because the body has all the nutrients & energy it needs just by simply digesting the food right aka chewing. I need to get on it.
4. Make another dish from Rachel Khoo's book - Yes I'm still obsessed. I've made 2 so far and both are desserts. I really want to make a savory dish.
5. Watch Downtown Abbey - I'm learning to love British Dramas. I love BBC's Pride & Prejudice (Hello, Colin Firth) and I just got caught up with Call the Midwife last night (killed the first season over the weekend) and I looovveeee it. Seriously, all I did was made cups of Earl Grey with Milk and made toasts and enjoy them while watching the show (did I chew? Yes I did!) Now I need to start on Downtown Abbey. Next thing you know, I want to have a British Accent.

As for Things I Love Monday... Pretty much the whole month of March was about my Euro Trip. The trip was amazing. Getting to see and experience 2 different cultures (both were somewhat similar in some ways) was great. Barcelona was amazing with its Football culture and amazing Cathedrals and old buildings, and of course Paellas & Sangrias. Paris was so magical and great with its many iconic landmarks, desserts & just the overall romantic ambiance.

I  recovered from the jetlag but definitely not the travel-bug. This trip for sure gave me the Travel Itch. I'm already looking up places and plane ticket prices for my upcoming Bali trip in September. With the Pillow traveling a lot to places (even though it's for work... He's leaving to Brazil this weekend and possible Japan at the end of the month), I definitely want travel more and build up those milages! Haha.

I am gonna get on that picture posts. Hang on :)

moonbeams,
Rima

goals link up with Melissa

3 comments:

  1. Your croissants look amazing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe that you made Croissants!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will not regret getting into Downton Abbey!

    ReplyDelete