Monday, May 13, 2013

He loves Barcelona; She loves Paris (Part 5)

I'm actually laughing at myself. I'm thinking "Will this series ever end?"

The answer is, "NO!"

I lie. It will end sometime soon. I hope.

YES. We are still in Barcelona. This time, it's part of our own bucket list... Well, I guess mostly his. Watching a Champions League Game. The Pillow was excited because not only we're watching FC Barca playing, they are playing against is favorite team, AC Milan. So the whole city of Barcelona was filled with this FOINE Italianos in their jersey, spreading their hotness in Spain. Gosh.

First things first. What is visiting a foreign land without checking out it's water aka beach? So there we went, in jackets & coats, heading to Barceloneta, the beach part of Barcelona. Seriously, I wanted to jump in to the waters. Ok not really. We had some simple breakfast then we hung out near the W Hotel, staring at the sea... followed with Sangria (for him) and Jack & Coke (for me). See who's the girl now? Kidding boo.



Blue Ocean





Booze Spain

Knowing that this is our last day in Barcelona, we hit Las Ramblas & Barri Gotic again... to eat Indonesian food. Seriously... We flew all the way to Barcelona to have home food (we Indos crave our Indo foods when we are away). I really recommend this place, Betawi.... Rob & I were impress because it does reminds us of home. We went cray when we saw our national beer served at this cafe... hence we ordered one. Food was delicious. The owner stopped by and had a chit-chat with us... Super friendly. She's a Betawi lady (Native Jakartan) so her Betawi accents was strong which made me giggle because I haven't heard that accent since I moved back to the States. Seeing the Pillow trying to talk in Jakartan Slang was pretty weird... does not suit him. He should just stick to English.







the wind beneath my face
The game was EPIC because Barca won from a lost that could've cost them to lose their spot in the League (fact: they lost in the Semi finals against Bayern Munich). The atmosphere was legendary. It's actually something that I've never experienced before in the many Soccer matches I've watched live. The Catalonians take their Soccer Football seriously. No Joke. It's their religious. It's their history. It's part of them. Hence FC Barca's Motto: Més Que Un Club meaning More than a Club. The Pillow was so stunned and amazed, I'm pretty sure he was crying in the inside and shed a tear here and there. All I can say is, if you're in to Soccer/Football, go watch a Champions League game. Real deal. From the chanting to the singing to the waving of the scarves in the air to the booing, it's surreal. I don't mind watching it again.



AC MILAN Booties



See the tears of joy on the Pillow?


After the game, we had more paellas at a local, super packed, cafe and headed back to our hotel, surrounded by the poor Italianos in the train. Saying goodbye to Camp Nou was hard. But I have a feeling, knowing the Pillow, we'll be back someday.

NEXT, PARIS (finally).

xo, Rima


Mini Series: 123

3 comments:

  1. Love love love. Those pictures of the water are so beautiful, I could just dive right into my computer screen. And seriously, I had paella 2 weeks ago because you keep mentioning it here. It's torture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord, I used to work at a Spanish restaurant and got so sick of paella ... Haven't eaten it in almost 4 years ... But your pictures of it look soooo good ... Hmmmmm lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! this makes me miss Barcelona so much :) Thanks for stopping by Club Narwhal!

    ReplyDelete