Tuesday, May 28, 2013

She loves Paris; He loves Barcelona (part 6)

Mini Series: 123

Finally. Paris. You don't know how I felt when we landed in Orly Airport. Excited. Nervous. Relieved. Happy. Sad. Enchanted.

Weather wasn't that great when arrived. It was raining when we left Barcelona (I think they were sad that awesome me was leaving, tee hee), so my expectation of a nice Spring love weather in Paris went down the loo.
Barcelona is sad for us.

Confused on land transportation, we both asked 2 Airport workers with our horrible French aka we-dont-speak-french on how to get to Luxembourg Garden by the Metro. With their broken English and multiple pin-pointing to the maps, we got to our Apartment safe and sound.

Then more confusing erupted. Apparently Paris isn't road-friendly. It was hard to find the street/road names (there are plastered on to sides of buildings). Almost having a mini-heart attack, we found our flat. Luckily the owner of the flat was so friendly and helpful (and gave me chocolate, as promised!), it made my day a tad bit better. But then again I thought, "Bitch, you in Paris."

Our little flat (when I say little, it is little) is nestled between Latin Quarter & Luxembourg Garden with a walking distance to Notre Dame. After settling in and playing around with a Nespresso machine, we decided to roam around and get familiar.

Flat view

Cafe Latte Machine
I want this Nespresso machine!
We headed towards Notre Dame passing through St. Michel/Latin Quarter. It was cold so I bundled up like a madman. I hate the cold. But then again, walking hand-in-hand with your Beau in Paris during Winter weather is pretty cute, right? St. Michel is filled with stores and restaurants so I was happy *thefoodieinmesalutesthefoodieinyou*. Latin Quarter is food-land. Drool.

The road of our Flat

Statue Saint Michel Paris
St. Michel's statue

Giddy. Notre Dame


Notre Dame is magnificent. The interior is amazing, just like the cathedrals in Barcelona. I love the Gothic ceilings and also the altars of the Saints. Rob, being the weird him, decided to lit a candle of Mother Mary.



After being in awe inside this historical building, we headed back to Latin Quarter because the foodie in me is crying for food.

Lo and behold... we accidentally walked across the Love Locked Bridge (or whatever you call it) on Pont de l'Archevêché. I was so excited. I pulled a Kristen Wiig's Taylor Swift impression when I saw the bridge...


via

Love Lock Bridge Paris

Latin Quarter is filled with Restaurants/Cafes that offer 3 to 5 course meals. So we opted for a 3-course meal. We on a budget yo. And the food was delish. 







Mmm, I opted for the french onion soup (not pictured), boeuf bourguignon and creme brûlée  Duh. Rob's apple tart was gooooood.

One thing I loved about they way they serve the food is the timing. They really give you a lot of space between entrees. Gives you time for your body to digest the food & helps you avoid stuffing your face with food. When I saw the portion of our main course, I was like, "uh, I will be hungry in 1 hour". It was small. Small for an average American girl. Next thing you know, when they served our dessert, I was like SUPER STUFFED after my 4th bite of the creme brûlée. I was pretty amazed.

Well, now excuse me as I bite into a chocolate madeleine that I made yesterday.

à bientôt!

Rima

5 comments:

  1. What a great trip. I loved Paris too. I'm jealous. I wish I could go back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i reaaaaaallllyyyy want to go back... Paris is just amazing!

      Delete
  2. Nomzzzz on the food pics. Paris is such a beautiful city, I can't wait to have adventures there someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to go to Paris one day. And all that yummy looking food. *drools*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone loves Paris and why not, I mean Paris is one of the beautiful and amazing wonders of this world. I also love Paris and infect, Paris is my favorite place in France. I have been there five times and every-time I go there, I find some attractive and glazing changes. Staying in beautiful Paris apartments has always been a wonderful experience for me. Paris is perfect in all terms of services whether it is transportation or accommodation. If you are new to this place, you don’t have to worry about anything as Paris is ideal for everything.

    ReplyDelete