Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Help me Support a Cause

I'm going to Bali. I'm pretty sure by now y'all know about it (I awarded myself with bragging rights). But besides getting all tan (which I don't need, I'm naturally tanned) and massaged up, I'm there to support a dear Animal Welfare Organization that captured my heart a couple of months ago.

You see, I like volunteering/missionary. A personal goal of mine is to do a volunteering time at least once a year... especially during a vacation time. So while I was planning my Asian vacation (haha, asian vacation), I browsed around for some organizations to volunteer with. I had set on one for children until I found out about BAWA Bali. BAWA stands for Bali Animal Welfare Association. BAWA focuses on the welfare of the majority street dogs (and cats) in Bali and to help control its overpopulation by providing spaying/neutering and also to educate the locals on the importants of it. Not only that, you may NOT know (I found out a little later) that are a lot of RW cafes in Bali (RW means Dog). Get it, Dog Cafe... where they serve dog meat. Yes, people, dog meat *vomits a little*. BAWA is also on the go on catching all these evil human predators on stealing and poisoning not only street dogs but also people's pet to be sold at these sickly RW cafes.

I can never picture a restaurant selling dog meat. That's just plain wrong.

BAWA has a full clinic, even a 24 hour ambulance and also a mobile sterilization clinic. I'm so impressed. Since Bali has a lot of street dogs that pretty much live out on their own, they have a program where they go out daily to the areas where these dogs live and feed them and give them drinking water... I give them super props for this. Instead of leaving them hungry and suffering in the streets because they can't contained/shelter them, they BRING the comfort to them in their own little doggy environment. Awesome.

I'm a monthly donator for BAWA and I'm happy doing it, knowing that my little funds are helping Bali Dogs in need.

I will be departing to Bali in September. I have a goal. I'm going to bring an extra suitcase filled with doggy goodies. They have a monthly wishlist and I'm planning to bring ANY DONATION that I can with me to fit in that extra suitcase. It can be from dog foods to blankets to pet beds to collars & leashes. If you have any extra and don't mind of donating, PLEASE fill free to mail it to me.

You can also donate to them anytime you want.

I'm not good in fundraising but I guess I can give it a try. Y'all know I love to bake. I'm thinking on selling some baked goods with all of the proceeds going to BAWA. If you show proof of donation to me (min $10), you will get an order of a Cupcake in a Jar or Cookies in Jar mailed to you!

Let me know if any of you are interested. It will make me happy. It will make BAWA happy. It will make the Dogs of Bali happy. It will make this little man happy too.


email me at bolubyrima@gmail.com if you are interested.

thanks!

- Rima

2 comments:

  1. You have such a good heart Rima! And you know the way to my heart ... Sweets! (I'm sure you know this already since I stalk your instagram haha.) Will be making a donation this Friday in the name of "Rima" cuz you know ... Friday is payday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely bringing some dog goodies when I come down later this month so 1. I can see you again 2. To help the pups out on your amazing mission!! <3

    ReplyDelete