Monday, May 20, 2013

Insert Sad Face Here

Why?

After a LOONNNGGG discussion with my future-travel-partner-in-crime, Kat Von D's Cousin Helga, we both decided to not volunteer with BAWA Bali (read my earlier post here).

Why?

The Rabies vaccine that is required cost a BUTT LOAD of travel money. It's a series of shots (3!) and each shot costs about $280 (and according to the travel pharmacist, that's a discount!) That's Bungee Jumping money!

So Helga and I discussed that we rather each bring MORE supplies/stuffs that BAWA needs along with us to Bali. So I emailed Kim from BAWA and she responded me with things they need...


Hello Rima

That is sad news, but very understandable, the vaccines are very expensive!  

Thank you so much for offering to bring us donations - every single one helps us out so much.  

If you are going to get toys then please get hard rubber ones, the cloth type spread disease.  And clip collars are so much better for Bali dogs that buckle ones.  

Old towels are the best type of bedding, old towels are soft and absorbent - new ones take several washes and sometimes they get chewed after the first use!  

Dog bowls - oh my, we always need dog bowls.  Metal ones, Bali Dogs chew these up like they are rubber so you can imagine what they do with plastic ones!  

If you like you can also purchase us items once you arrive in Bali.  We always need rice, chicken, eggs, bleach, washing powder, liquid soap, dry dog food, cat food etc. all of which you can purchase easily in Bali.  

Thank you so much for trying to volunteer with us.  If you would like I would be very happy to give you a tour around our clinic so that you can see our work in action.  You won't be able to touch the animals but it will give you a sense of the type of work that we do - and you will get to see where your donations are going.  If you would like this then please let us know the date and time you would like to come - we only do clinic tours by appointment.  

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm Regards

Kim

I'm happy at least I can tour the place and see them in action. They also take monetary donations via their website. AND if you show proof of donation to me, I will mail you a jar full of madeleines.

SETARRA, yours is coming up this weekend :)

Thank you fellow fur friends.

Rima

2 comments:

  1. You're awesome to look out for the needs of these animals Rima!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I'm sorry you won't be able to volunteer because I know how much it means to but I understand gurlll... Money matters. But I am NOT sorry that I donated! I can't wait for your yummy goodies to come :)

    ReplyDelete